Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile indicator on chart

Hi,

I tried to find out, what I have to do so the Volume Profile indicator does not lose the data after refreshing the chart.

Unfortunately without success.

Can you give me please some tip how can it be done.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Hello michi08,

Thanks for your post.

The "power indicators" require the use of "tick replay" for the indicator to persist when the chart is refreshed. Here is the helpguide for reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...indicators.htm

If you haven't already what you will need to do is:
    Go to Tools>Options and then select "Market Data", click the "show Tick Replay" checkbox.
    Next, in the dataseries of the chart you will now have the check box option "Tick Replay", click that to enable Tick Replay in the chart. Your power indicators will now persist in their display when refreshed.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-02-2015, 11:56 AM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ha, I found it.

I didn't realized that in the Data Series window is also an "Tick Replay" needed to be checked.

Thats not mentioned in the help section.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by michi08; 10-02-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post

Next, in the dataseries of the chart you will now have the check box option "Tick Replay", click that to enable Tick Replay in the chart.
        That's the information I didn't found.

Comment

Hello michi08,

Thanks for your reply.

We reviewed our on-line helpguide documents and see that there is an opportunity to improve in that area and are in the process of updating. Thanks for your observations and feedback.

Comment

Ok, so thats not bad, now if there was a way to make it show onscreen data (whatever amount of data you are looking at on your screen) this could work.

Comment

Originally posted by michi08 View Post
              Ha, I found it.

I didn't realized that in the Data Series window is also an "Tick Replay" needed to be checked.

Thats not mentioned in the help section.

I am struggling to find this "Tick Replay" option on the data screen (NT8 B5). Was it moved or removed?

Also, when I look at the "Historical data" (Tools > Historical Data), I can see there is a lot of data there. Why isn't this used by the built in Volume Profile indicator? Or will this "tick replay" option cause it to do so?

How do you access this historical tick data from NinjaScript?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thanks for your post.

To see the Tick replay option in the data series window, you must first enable tick replay for the platform, please see the steps below.

1) Go to Tools>Options and then select "Market Data", click the "show Tick Replay" checkbox.

2) In the dataseries of the chart you will now have the check box option "Tick Replay", click that to enable Tick Replay in the chart. Your power indicators will now persist in their display when refreshed.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I did as you suggested and it seems to break the Volume profile indicator. I get the following error (it's the only indicator on the chart):

Indicator 'Volume profile': Error on calling 'OnMarketData' method on bar -1: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart.

Also if I add other simple indicators, they seem to behave oddly too (lines won't draw, etc).

Once I turn Tick Replay off again, my other indicators seem to work fine again.

Do you have any idea what would cause this?

Also, how do you access this historical tick data from NinjaScript?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> email support

Make sure to enter your e-mail address if not already there.

In the subject line add Atten:Paul , Forumthread: NT8 - Volume Profile indicator on chart

In the body of the e-mail, please elaborate on the steps to reproduce the error. Make sure to identify the instrument, timeframe, number of days on chart and whom you were connected to for a data provider.

To access historical tick data, add a tick series to your Ninjascript.

Comment

I am also struggling with this issue but when I click on Tools and Options; I don't have a Market Data selection anywhere within the available tabs.

Any further insights?

Thanks.

Brian

Comment

Hello brirob14,

Thanks for your post.

Just to verify, this is the NinjaTrader 8 section of the forum and Ninjatrader 8 would have Tools>Options then a Categories list on the left. Your description sounds like Ninjatrader 7.

Comment

I do have the volume profile working on my charts, but what I would like to see is that it loads for the day (today / most recent day) from the first bar. IT seems to wait until approx 18 bars or so, depending on how many bars are showing form the prior day. What would be even better, is to have it show the volume profile for each day. Stated in a different way, if the screen shows enough bars to have 3 days on the screen, there would be 3 volume profiles, one for each day.

John

Comment

Sorry yes, I am running NT 7. Is Volume Profile available for this version?

If so, I would be interested in how to get it working.

Thanks.

Brian

Comment

Hello brirob14,

Thanks for your reply.

VolumeProfile is a realtime indicator meaning you can only observe it once you have applied it to a chart and once you have connected to a live data feed. If you change the chart (by adding an indicator for example) then the chart will refresh causing the volume profile to start over. Volume profile in Ninjatrader 7 cannot use historical data to plot. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...indicators.htm

If you have further questions on the volumeProfile indicator for Ninjatrader 7, please post them in the NinjaTrader7 forums.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses