Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Label and RGB Chart Background Color

2 questions about basic charting.

1) I am changing the chart label which in NT7 would cause the tab on the windows taskbar to take that chart label name. With NT8 I don't see what changing the chart label does.

2) Will it be possible with NT8 to set a chart background color using RGB values?

Thanks.

Hello jhowinvest,

Thank you for writing in. To replicate the behavior you saw by changing the label in NinjaTrader 7, you need to change the currently selected tab's name in NinjaTrader 8.

To accomplish this, please open the chart you wish to change the name of. At the bottom of the chart you will have a tab with the instrument name. Right click on it and select "Rename". Replace @INSTRUMENT_FULL with the name you wish to use.

As far as I am currently aware there is no built-in functionality to set a RGB background color value in NinjaTrader 8, however I will investigate this further and update this thread when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Thank you for checking on the RGB color NinjaTrader_MichaelM.

To accomplish this, please open the chart you wish to change the name of. At the bottom of the chart you will have a tab with the instrument name. Right click on it and select "Rename". Replace @INSTRUMENT_FULL with the name you wish to use.
      The taskbar tab name still does not change when you make the change to the @INSTRUMENT_FULL column.

Please see the attached image of how the tab within NT is changing but not the taskbar tab.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello jhowinvest,

If you look at the tool-tip that pops up when you hover the chart in the taskbar, you will see that the tooltip does indeed show what you change the tab name to in the chart. I understand however that you want to remove the preceeding word "Chart" entirely due to lack of space. I will investigate this further with our product management team and I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.

Comment

I also would like top see the return of RGB setting of color, I use that feature.

Comment

FYI I have tried this code and successfully created a brush from RGB but I wasn't able to set the BackBrush to this color.

Code:
            NightBrush = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(125,255,255,255));//(opacity,red,green,blue)works but won't let me use it for backbrush.
            				BackBrush = NightBrush;

Comment

Hello jhowinvest,

My apologies for the confusion, I was under the impression you were attempting to set this via the chart properties window as opposed to via code. Here is a working example:
              Code:
              protected override void OnBarUpdate()
              {
                  Brush myBrush = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(50, 25, 175, 185));
                  BackBrushAll = myBrush;
              }
              I will update you on the other question as soon as I have more information.
              Thank you again for your continued patience.

Comment

Thank you. It would be nice to be able to set the background using RGB in the chart properties as well.

Comment

Hello jhowinvest,

I have submitted this as a feature request for the ability to set the chart background using RGB values in the chart properties on your behalf. I have also submitted a feature request for the ability to remove the "Chart -" preceding window title text, which is currently unchangeable.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you. I have attached an example of using the RGB brush for anyone who is interested. This indicator will shade the night session based on the user settings for the open and close of the day session. There is an opacity setting in the properties as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello jhowinvest,

Thank you for your contribution for any users who may come across this thread looking for an example.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance anytime.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DJ888
                      by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                      0 responses