market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay

So I'm attempting to use market replay on nt8 and I've downloaded data but when I run it nothing happens. I've used it on NT7 but no luck here... Anything I should know about?

Hello brucelevy,

Thank you for your post,

To get started, I suggest going to Tools > Options > Market Data > Real Time. Select the box for "Enable market recording for playback." Press OK to save the settings.

This feature will record the market data received by any open window in NinjaTrader 8.

To record Replay data, go to Tools > Historical Data > Load Tab.

After this, to to Connections > Playback Connection. I suggest right clicking on the Playback controller and selecting Available data to check the data you're able to replay. Next, right click again and select "Go to" to pick a time within your Available range, make sure your charts or other windows are open to the same symbol or futures expiry, e.g. ES 09-15, or ES 12-15.

Also, make sure the Replay controller is selected to replay either "Market Replay" or "Historical" data, depending on what is available in the Historical data window.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more information on this feature.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...connection.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bruce,

If you are using existing workspace charts to run market replay, you may have the issue that it isn’t forming new bars on playback. For me a tick chart displays fine on replay (historical data) but minute charts just keeps building 1 massive bar instead of creating new bars.

A temp fix that worked for me was to create a new chart whilst in replay, that worked fine (but existing charts I had created didn’t). It's a pain tho if you have a complicated workspace which you have to recreate each time you run the replay.

This is a known issue in the latest version. I’m not sure if it’s what your experiencing or not. I only mention it because when it happened to me I spent ages trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Hi

I also see this, but in a slightly different context. I know this is reported already, but perhaps this will add useful info.

I use a workspace with 4 linked charts, monthly, weekly, daily and 240 minute and it all works fine as long as the 240 min chart always has the focus. As soon as I click on another chart, the 240 min chart stops advanced, but the ticks build an ever-growing 240 min candle.

I do this to demonstrate the problem:

Load workspace (4 charts as above)
        Click on the 240 min chart to give it the focus.
        Connect to Market Replay and run it at max (240 min is a lot of ticks!)
        All charts advance as expected.
        Click on any chart other than the 240 min. Now the 240 min doesn't advance.
        Click on the 240 min chart. It still doesn't advance.

Cheers
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
          So I'm attempting to use market replay on nt8 and I've downloaded data but when I run it nothing happens. I've used it on NT7 but no luck here... Anything I should know about?
          This is a BETA. You may have found something.

Please note each step and post some screen shots of nothing happening.

Comment

Hi guys,

I was just hoping someone from NT could please post the tracking number for the bug where new bars are not forming correctly in market replay, as discussed in this thread?

Cheers,
            Shane

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Yes, the tracking number for the issue with Market Replay bars not forming would be 8870.
              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes