Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something this way smells - duplicate references

Pretty strange situation here.
    1. Install NT to another location, not the default location. This has been verified to be any non-default location. I first saw it when installed to a different non-system drive, but have verified that it happens even if installed to say c:\NinjaTrader8\.
    2. Start NinjaTrader (32-bit).
    3. Open the NT Editor.
    4. Oops, wrong program. I wanted to use the 64-bit NT, so close NT. (It does not seem to matter whether or not you save the workspace, but save it anyway).
    5. Start NinjaTrader 64-bit.
    6. Create an indicator, even just the empty shell.
    7. Try to compile it.

Error as in the picture. The error message is almost useless, as it indicates "Line 0". However, that clued me in to it being even before the file was being loaded into the compiler, so I went to look at references. There are duplicate references. The point is not that I can remove the duplicates: the issue is that they should not be there in the first place.

The same sequence of steps, if NT is installed to the default location, does not result in any such error. I do not install applications to my system drive. I should be able to install NT to any local drive without having to start jumping through hoops to get it to work right.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by koganam; 10-03-2015, 09:10 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.

Hello koganam,

Thanks for your post.

Can you clarify if this was a clean install or just an update install? (Did you remove or relocate Docume nts>Ninjatrader8 before hand?)
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello koganam,

Thanks for your post.

Can you clarify if this was a clean install or just an update install? (Did you remove or relocate Docume nts>Ninjatrader8 before hand?)
      1. Installed Windows 10 fresh.
      2. Installed NT to "D:\(x386)\NinjaTrader 8" instead of the default path ...

et.c.

Wondered if it only happened when installed to a different drive, so uninstalled NT8, then cleaned up the directories, including the users directory, and tried with NT installed to the c:\NinjaTrader8\.. Same issue.

I had not yet done any fancy OS stuff like moving the user Documents directory, or mounting a separate partition into the directory to hold my NT data.

In other words, this was as plain vanilla an installation as can be, except for installing NT to a non-default directory. Why did I not do this with earlier betas? Because they were early, and I wanted to test things as default, without introducing fudge factors. Beta5 is public, so more mature, so it is time to start testing the way that I would use it.
      Last edited by koganam; 10-05-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Hello koganam,

Thanks so much for your efforts.

I have replicated the issue and reported the bug to development.

Comment

Is this issue resolved?

I have the same issue and I have the NT8 Beta installed on a non system disk.

Comment

Hello rcfcu2000,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the issue was reported under NT8-8899 and was fixed in beta version 6.

Can you provide specifics of what you are seeing and what steps brought you to to the issue? If you would prefer, feel free to write into PlatFormSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com Atten:Paul and a reference to this thread.

Comment

I cleaned up the custom folder, re-installed NT8 and then no longer see this problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Javierw.ok  
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes