Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Market Analyzer Column Sample

Hi guys,

Is it possible to get the sample code of a market analyzer column with say a 20 period SMA? (or any other indicator). I had a look at the other columns in the ninja script editor, but none of them are referencing indicators so I just wanted to get an idea how that worked.

Also, are we able to add multiple data series to a column. I.e. if a 5 minute SMA and 15 SMA and 30min SMA are all doing something, the column would display a green background.

And lastly, if we are creating a custom column is it possible to get the value from another column in the market analyzer or would we be best to repeat the code?

Cheers,
    Shane
    Last edited by ShaneAU; 10-05-2015, 01:07 AM.

You can set up each column with its own details relative to the chosen indicator and the data parameters you use for it. In My case, I use one set of columns for Daily and another set of columns for Weekly for each symbol.

John
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I should have explained better what I am trying to achieve... I'd like to have 1 column display it's content based on the values of multiple time frames. For example I might have 3 columns, the first column I will call '5 minute' (colA) then '15 minute' (colB) then 60 minute (colC). These will be used to look for setups on those timeframes, as below;

* The '5 minute column (colA)' setup needs to display it's cell result depending on indicator values on it's own time frame (5 min) as well as the indicator results of 2 time frames higher (in my case 15 min and 60 min data).

* The '15 minute column (colB)' needs to display it's cell results depending on the 15 min indicator values and on indicator values of the 2 higher timeframes than that.

* And so on.

The current 'cell condition' builder in the wizard only allows us to create a condition based on the data in that particular column. It doesn't allow (to the best of my knowledge) us to create a cell condition based on data in another column (which could have been another time frame and would have solved my problem).

I was thinking to get around this I would have to create custom market analyzer column in the editor, but there isn't a lot of into in the help file yet on the topic, so wasn't sure the best place to start for adding an additional dataseries and indicator to a column...

Ideally though, being able to reference a different column in the wizards 'cell conditions' would solve the problem and mean less data processing. I think we can do that logic for creating an 'alert' but not for a 'cell condition'. That would allow me to have the indicators for each timeframe calculated once, and the logic of the colA, colB, and colC would just be dependent on those columns values... Whereas adding an additional dataseries to each custom column in the editor is going to mean doubling up on many of the calculations.

Hope that makes more sense... Have you (or anyone reading this) had any success with a column referencing another timeframe?

Cheers!
      Shane
      Last edited by ShaneAU; 10-05-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Thank you for your inquiry.

While it is correct that there currently isn't much documentation about Market Analyzer Columns in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide, I would say that looking at the already pre-made MA Columns (can be accessed in the MarketAnalyzerColumns folder of the NinjaScript Editor) would be a great starting off point to learn more about making these columns.

As with Strategies and Indicators, you can use AddDataSeries() in your MA Column's State.Configure code block to add additional Data Series: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...dataseries.htm
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes