Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to Interactive Brokers with NT8 B05

Hi there,

Running NT 7 and NT 8 B05 special for Rithmic on the same machine.
    I can connect with NT7 no problem to my IB account.
    I disconnect NT 7 and trying to connect to IB wiht NT8 and does not work.

I've tried both, TWS and Gateway connections. Both case all I can see on NT8 "Connecting..." I'll let it run for a while now see if any error message pops up.
    Rithmic - Connected
    IB - Connecting

Did try to upgrade to latest TWS... no change.

Running out of ideas...
    Please advise what am I missing.

Thanks,

atata
    ps.: remembering from past NT7 would not necessary work with all the changes IB came up with and had to downgrade or stay at a certain level... wonder if I have a similar situation?

Hello atata,

Can you please download and install TWS 950.2 as per the IB connection guide below. Follow the instructions in the connection guide and check if you can connect.

If the issue remains, are you able to connect if Rithmic is disconnected in NinjaTrader?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still "just" Connecting

Jason, still not connecting.

Here is what I've done and I am attaching screenshots of my configurations:
      1/ Installed TWS version recommended in the link.
      2/ Tried to connect with NT8B05 custom to IB with and without Rithmic and NT 7 up and shutdown.
      3/ Installed NT8B05.
      4/ Tried to connect again.

NT8 was able to communicate on a certain level, meaning IB message would show up on NT8, however accounts were not visible.

Thanks,

atata
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please disable 'Enable DDE clients' in TWS API settings and check again.

Comment

Jason, disabled DDE however didn't make any difference.

I am back to B05 custom.

atata

Comment

If you start TWS first and then NinjaTrader, does it connect successful? Please double check if 'Enable DDE clients' is stil disabled after a restart of TWS.

Are you able to connect to IB using the regular Beta 5 version which you can download and install from our website? I assume you still have the download link for the custom build. Please uninstall NinjaTrader 8 from the Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features. Subsequently reinstall it by downloading the beta version from our website.
            NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Please enter your email address in the "Your Email" field and hit "Download Now! FREE to Use". You will now be directed to a webpage to select the NinjaTrader version (7 and 8 beta) you like to download and install.

Comment

Jason, did you check this on your end? As I've stated before, NT 7 has no issues to connect therefore I have to assume something is wrong with NT8?!

I will try to do some more test as you outlined on my end however I'd like to know if you can reproduce or I am the only one who has this issue...

thanks,

atata

Comment

Yes, I can connect successful to IB in NinjaTrader 8 on my end.

Comment

Jason, same problem, still can not connect.

DDE disabled on IB, also restarted IB as well.
                  Uninstalled NT8 B05 custom via control panel and installed regular B05.

Nothing helped so far.

atata

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why it does not work for you. I have not seen reports from other customers so far. I suggest to remove the IB connection you created and create a new one as per the IB connection guide below.

Could it be you use a white labeled version of TWS? Do you have your account at Interactive Brokers or some other broker that also uses TWS?

Comment

Jason, I do have an account with Interactive Broker and installed TWS from the link you provided to me.
                      May I suggest that we have a remote session at a convenient time? /after market close/
                      Again, I am willing to admit any kind of failure from my part however it does not make any sense that I can make with no effort NT 7 to connect on the same machine to the same running instance of IB TWS yet NT 8 would just do partial connection.
                      Based on my 20+ years programming and IT experience that spells me a "weakness" in NT 8 connectivity which I'd think you probably should try to identify...
                      Also any traces I can turn on which might clues you in what the problem might be?

Hope this helps,

atata

Comment

Please send us an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com when you like to perform a remote session. Subsequently one of my colleagues will be able to assist you. Unfortunately I will not be in the office anymore at that time.

You can include your log and trace files for today in the email, so we can further investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Log--> log.20151007 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Trace--> trace.20151007 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

We'll have to do it tomorrow.

Kind regards,

atata

Comment

hi, could you fix the problem ? i have the same problem. Everything is fine on NT7 but not NT 8 beta 5. I've tried everything suggested here. Please help !
                            thanks

Comment

Emilien, nop nothing happened. I've got busy and did not follow up on this issue yet. Also had still some other "weird" stuff using NT8 therefore NT7 for now until I have more time to deal with issues or work around them on NT8.
                              I suggest you asked them to remote into your computer than go from there.

Kind regards,

atata

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                              Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
                              2 responses