B5: Major crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5: Major crash

NT8 crashed with a NullReferenceException. On restart, it simply crashes again. I tried getting rid of all the custom indicators and strategies but it did not help. Could not get it to start until I deleted the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll. I copied the indicators and strategies back and it now it starts normally again. It seems deleting the DLL should be a part of the startup process since it builds it anyway.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you see this behavior again can you please forward your NinjaTrader.Custom.dll file to [email protected] and please include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject with a link to this thread in the body of the email.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response Christopher!

I know how to reproduce it now but NinjaTrader.Custom.dll contains all my indicators and strategies so I cannot forward that. I can try to see if I can get it to happen with a test indicator and forward that.

Basically, it is throwing a null reference exception in an indicator on a line that says "_field = new Regex("blah", RegexOptions.Compiled);". It's very weird. I copied this line to another indicator and it did not fail. The one difference is "_field" is a static variable so I'm going to test to see if that has something to do with it. I get the same issue if it's "_field = new Regex("blah");" so it doesn't seem the Compiled option is the cause as I had suspected.

Comment

Christopher,

I believe I've found one condition that causes this issue. If you create a public read only property in an indicator (e.g. public bool IsFixed { get { return true; } }) and you forget to put the Browsable(false) and XmlIgnore attributes, this behavior will happen. I don't think that's the case with the Regex line so I'll check into it further.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the details on this.

I am unsure what the cause may be at this point but it seems you are well on your way to locating the syntax causing the crash.

Once you have located the syntax being used, please provide a sample that demonstrates this and I can provide that to development for further review to see if it would be expected or if this would be considered a bug.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post helpwanted  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes