Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit trade data displayed on charts.. feature request

Hi!

The trade data text on the chart is helpful, but can we have an option to limit it.

to say by example,

only working trades, (plus lines (rays) extended right with exit price and stop loss price)

working and pending trades

or last "x" trades placed (10, 20 etc) user can enter their own criteria.

even the first 2 would be very helpful..

I know this chart I show is overkill but sometimes even when testing it gets a bit too much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	limitTradeEntrydisplay.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	903531

Hi jitterbug,

Thanks for the post and the suggestions.

Currently there are three options to control historical trade plots (configurable within the data series properties):
    • Text and Marker
    • Markers Only
    • Do Not Plot

For suggestions 1 and 2: If you only wish to see working/active orders and no historical trades, you could use the 'Do Not Plot' setting. If this is not what you are intending please clarify further.

Currently there is no way to set a custom amount of historical trades that will plot. I will forward your suggestion to the development team for consideration. I will update this thread when I receive more information on your feature request.

Comment

Thanks Patrick !

last 'x" trades not as important as, more so the current entered trades plus stop loss and target prices put in as horizontal lines showing from time of entry on the bar and to the right into the future.

all text and lines on the chart representing each ATM or OCO group could be colour coded so we can identify them at a glance on the chart. so all the trades for 1 atm will be of a specific colour. these colours could be chosen from a drop down list of colours in the control center orders tab. (a little drop down button beside the strategy name)

if a ninjascript strategy, any active trades executed in that strategy would be specified one colour in total

thanks for passing on the suggestion.

Comment

actually Patrick I`m finding 'do not plot" hides all the markers/trades, no active current entered trades or most recent trade is showing...

Comment

Hi jitterbug,

Thanks for the clarification.

The 'Plot Executions' property only affects historical trade information so that behavior is expected.

Any active order markers would be a function of the Chart Trader properties. You can currently adjust these colors globally but there is no option to have them be strategy/OCO group specific. This is an excellent suggestion and I will create another feature request with the information you've provided.

In the meantime you may be interested in the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode". With this changed to 'Display Selected ATM Strategy Only' you can view each strategy's orders individually. Here is a link with more information on that property:

ATM Strategy Selection Mode

Comment

appreciate it, thanks for the Link Patrick.

Comment

Here is the internal tracking number for your suggestion:
              • SFT-759 - Group orders by color
              • SFT-754 - Custom amount of historical trade plots

Please use this number for any futures inquiries regarding this feature request.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-14-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post mathewlo  
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande