can`t close individual orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can`t close individual orders

how do I close a manual at market or buy stop entry, and leave the ATM running?

the FXPRO window has CLOSE stating "left click to close a position, and middle click to close an ATM strategy."

I thought left clicking would close my manually entered order, but all my positions were closed, both ATM and the manually entered order...

Very frustrating how the positions window groups all my orders in that currency pair into one and I only have the choice to close all positions in that currency pair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	allordersclosed.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	903535

Hello,

To clarify, are you in a situation in which you have entered a position, and your ATM strategy has placed its bracket order(s), and now you wish to exit the position while leaving the bracket orders in place, essentially turning the stop loss and profit target into new entry orders?

If so, this is currently not possible in NinjaTrader, but I'll be happy to submit a feature request for this, if you would like.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

would love to see PnL for individual round trips entry-exit in orders and positions

Hi Dave, thanks for your assistance.

I created a executed a long position in FXPRO with an ATM strategy with exit target and stop loss (both reverse). later I entered long another position with no atm attached set to "none".

That had me 2 long. I wanted to close just the manual open order (with no stop or exit target) but the "close"button in FXPRO closed both my positions,

Is there anywhere I could have viewed those 2 individual trades separately with their own unrealized PnL? (possibly in the positions tab) and thus ability to close out one of them individually...

I was hoping to see this feature in the positions window each trade entry with their own row and PnL... So the atm entry separate from the single long entry.

The fxpro window and positions tab both show a combined PnL for all positions in that currency pair, however I wanted to view these 2 entries and their PnL separately on 2 different rows in the positions window.

Together with that would also be nice to see a PnL column in the orders tab when atm strategies have been stopped out ("buy to cover - stop 1", or "target reached".

This gives me a quick confirmation all in the orders tab on how much was lost/won for each individual round trip entry/exit once filled.

screen cap here, a PnL column here in the orders tab for exited trades with ability to change it like in fxpro (currency,pips, decimals, percent)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PnL_column for each exit trade.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	874934
      Last edited by jitterbug; 10-07-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I see now, thank you for clarifying. In this scenario, my recommended approach would be to place a Market order in the opposite direction, which should scale you out of the non-ATM order, while leaving the ATM-bracketed order in place. For example, if your ATM-bracketed order was Long 2 contracts, then you entered a non-ATM Market Buy order for another 2 contracts, then you could Sell 2 Short at Market to scale back down to your original position, with the bracket intact.

You've got a few interesting suggestions worth considering, as well. I'll go ahead and log them so we can begin to track demand for these changes. (SFT-726)
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 10-08-2015, 09:37 AM.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Dave for explaining that, much appreciated. and Thanks for giving consideration to my suggestion. that granular view of profit/loss on individual trade legs is very helpful for me if I can get it. I`m sure others will find it useful too, its more a matter of priorities in the beta. kind regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by ZenCortexReal, Today, 08:54 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes