Tick Chart Appearance In 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dotnet View Post
    You are suggesting there is a fault in the control layout, which won't be changed, but how the original problem - remove margin around the chart solved with that?
    What I am simply saying is that changing the value of the property "Margin base" has a ripple effect on various areas of the application that may be undesired.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe they used a negative specific parameter for the chart trader.
      I mean, all margin of the various components starts with the MarginBase parameter and then add or subtract something to get the specific component margin.

Maybe they used MarginBase - 4 for the chart trader, so if you set MarginBase to 0 you end up with a negative margin, so that chart trader partially overlay other components?

If this is the case, this should be considered an implementation error, at least a check of a non-negative margin could easily be added to all the components.

If there is a different reason, this should be corrected asap in any way... current fat margin charts looks very bad to traders eyes.

My opinion is that this is also a design mistake, since traders always want to maximize the use of screen space, without wasting any pixel.

Comment

Well... I think I was right thinking about negative margins.
        I found a solution to have zero margin on charts AND having chart trader displayed correctly.

Simply put to zero both of these properties:

Code:
          <system:Double    x:Key="MarginBase">                    0</system:Double>
          <system:Double    x:Key="MarginBaseNegative">            -0</system:Double>
        inside the BluePrint.xaml skin file.

Comment

Looking more at margins etc...

The overall screen appearance with the wide margins on all windows looks clunky, awkward and amateur hour....(besides burning up screen real estate)...and it is hard to adjust the location of a window now...easy for identical margins to overlap...

Also...the very bright red buttons at the top left of many windows is overall pretty distracting....can that color be toned down somehow....??

screen shots on this below...

Thanks...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We do have some changes coming in for margins in next version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans
            by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes