Revised Chart Title & Icons Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revised Chart Title & Icons Layout

Here is a possibility to be able to see more chart icons at top of a chart without using the drop down menu...eliminate the CHART title....we already know this is a chart...& cut out extra areas shown in orange squares in screen shot...to make chart top menu more efficient....just a possibility...

The NT8 title bar area is 597 pixels wide (shown below)....A similar NT7 title area showing all icons is 452 pixels wide....it appears the NT8 title bar could show all icons if done roughly similar to NT7
    (screen shots below)

Thanks.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 10-08-2015, 11:39 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I will forward this to development as a feature request/suggestion for further review.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This would be playable if NT was using WinForms like NT7 was, however, NT8 is using WPF and making custom windows here.

However, my 2 cents is that leave the Chart title area, cause I know that is used for grabbing the window so you can move it around. If you take that away and leave no space on the tool bar, where would you grab the window to move it? There is definitely some room to move the icons closer and get rid of the negative space.

Comment

Another chart title bar suggested solution ...

Here is another idea...keep the red CHART box at left side of the title bar for grab and move purposes...as Calonious suggested below...
        In the screenshot below I pasted NT7 icons (about 435 pixels wide) into NT8.
        If icons are done roughly in width as in NT7, one will be able to always see all icons in most cases and have quick & easy access to each one. Keep the new NT8 icon designs, but eliminate the grab space between.

One other thing that also makes this a preferable method in my view....in NT8 as it is now, there is undefined space between icons where one can grab and move the chart....the problem with this is one could possibly easily knock the chart out of position (when in a hurry) when the intent is to only access an icon.

Screen shot below...

Thanks...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Alfred; 10-09-2015, 08:36 AM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Stanfillirenfro