NT8 V5 Equidistant Bar Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 V5 Equidistant Bar Spacing

On NT8 V5, when the width of the outline of the candlestick bars is set to 2,
    the bars are no longer spaced evenly. Some bars have a space only on their left side and no space on their right, some have a space only on their right side, not on their left, and some have no space on either side. This is even when the "Equidistant bar spacing" is checked. When you increase the bar spacing, some bars have a wider space on their left and vice versa. When I try unchecking the "Equidistant bar spacing", NT8 freezes.
    On NT7, all the bars have either equal amount of bar spacing on either side, or no spacing at all depending on the setting.

Also, on NT7, you are able to change the bar spacing without changing the bar widths.
    On NT8, when I try to increase the bar spacing after setting the bar width just the way I want, the bar widths increase at the same time so I cannot reproduce charts just the way I've been using on NT7.

Can this be corrected so that the bars look nice and neat just like on NT7?

Hello 2fr33d0m,

Thank you for your post,

I am currently unable to recreate this; would you be able to create a video of this occuring when changing the bar outline width, and changing the Equidistant bar spacing setting?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't have a video yet, but here is a screenshot showing the non-equidistant bar spacing even when Equidistant bar spacing is checked. This is with the setting of 2 for the candlestick outline. Can you reproduce this?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello 2fr33d0m,

No, I am not able to reproduce that with these settings.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fr33d0m View Post
          I don't have a video yet, but here is a screenshot showing the non-equidistant bar spacing even when Equidistant bar spacing is checked. This is with the setting of 2 for the candlestick outline. Can you reproduce this?
          I see what you mean, we'll look into that, thanks.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Equibar bug in V8

Primary series YM 150 tick

Secondary series ^TICK
            Primary series bars are not terrible but still not really equidistant.

Had some really crazy results in real time as shown on picture, but that was because the futures data was from a ten minute delayed feed.

So the only problems are that the bar spacing is not truly equidistant and that the minimum spacing of the primary bars is constrained by the secondary bars, even if the secondary plot is a line.

It would be AWESOME to have an option to not plot the secondary series AT ALL so that it would have NO EFFECT on the appearance of the primary bars but would still be available to scripts on that chart.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ricam; 01-12-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your post,

I checked with our Development team and learned there are changes planned for the implementation of this topic, tracking number 8896. We will be testing this after that on our side as well.

Thank you for reporting!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade  
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses