Where to add current Date to header in Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to add current Date to header in Charts

I searched around on forum and could find nothing. With the new Chart layout in tabs - how does one get to see the current session date that is visible in the current tab (contract / instrument). In NT7 when scrolling through previous sessions one could determine easily which trade date one was observing.

With the new tab layout i looked in Properties and only could see 'Show Date Range' and there was nothing i could see in 'Data Series' to select ... and nothing in Tab name whereby one could add this.

Unless i am missing something this is an important chart feature to know where in the chart data loaded one is looking at for reference and trade research?

thanks

Hello*soulfx,

When enabled, the 'Show date range' option in the Chart Properties window will display the visible date and time range on the chart in the upper left hand corner of the chart
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks i did see that and applied it now i see that it adjusts as you scroll and shows what is visible in the window. An option to change the Font Size of this would be welcomed as it is small text and harder to read than when on the title bar. Would it be difficult to add to the title bar in context with the selected tab (instrument)? It is certainly clearer and more visible as it was on NT7. Just a suggestion
      thanks

Comment

Hello*soulfx,

You can change the font size in the Chart Properties window. *

The Font setting will*allow you to change the font setting for the text within the chart.

To change the size you will need to click the arrow button next to Font, select a new Size and press OK. *This will also change the size of the text for the price and time axis on the chart

I will forward your suggestion to development to be able to move the date/time range text to the tool bar
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello, rather than having to change the font size for the Whole screen layout including prices times and indicator labels - would it not be better design to be able to individually size the Date Range - it seems limiting to me to have a one size fits all for including an important element for a Chart ie Date Range which is smaller font - again please forward this suggestion in addition to having it back on the title bar
          thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          0 responses