Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about drawing functionality

Hello Ninja Team,

I would LOVE to come back to Ninja but for one or two must have features for my style of trading. In particular, I must have the ability to draw a rectangle that automatically extends to the right.

Does NT8 now have this functionality natively?

In NT7 I made a simple program which is supposed to do the extension, but as it turned out there was a bug in NT7 that prevented the code from running properly and to the best of my knowledge was never fixed. If NT8 doesn't have rectangle extension natively, can you verify if coding this myself would work? I don't want to waste the time if NT8 has the same issue as NT7 did/does.

Thanks for your help, hoping to hear good news

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
    Hello Ninja Team,

I would LOVE to come back to Ninja but for one or two must have features for my style of trading. In particular, I must have the ability to draw a rectangle that automatically extends to the right.

Does NT8 now have this functionality natively?

In NT7 I made a simple program which is supposed to do the extension, but as it turned out there was a bug in NT7 that prevented the code from running properly and to the best of my knowledge was never fixed. If NT8 doesn't have rectangle extension natively, can you verify if coding this myself would work? I don't want to waste the time if NT8 has the same issue as NT7 did/does.

Thanks for your help, hoping to hear good news
    Not out of the box, but since we now support custom drawing tool development, you can definitely achieve this with little effort. You can view the open source version of our rectangle shape and apply your changes there.

The only bug I can think of that may have been present in NT7 and never fixed was the limitation where draw objects disappears if anchors were not in viewable range of the chart. This has been fixed in NT8.

Here is a link to our NinjaScript Language Reference on the DrawingTools

You can also review the source code of all the native drawing tools in the NinjaTrader 8 NinjaScript Editor:

Would suggest looking at both the @Shapes.cs and the @RegionHighlight to get ideas on how to achieve your goal
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you Matthew! I guess it's time to download 8beta and get my hands dirty. I've certainly missed the level of support NT provided over the past year (doing client work in another platform which will remain nameless).

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

We are glad to hear you will be joining in the Ninjatrader 8 beta. I will make sure to relay your message to Matthew.

Please let us know if you have any questions as you get started.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes