BUG - Simulated Data Feed / Trading Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG - Simulated Data Feed / Trading Hours

The whole of last weekend I thought my simulated data feed wasn't working and assumed it was a beta bug. This evening I went away from my desk for 30 mins and I come back and it had frozen again. After 30 mins of refreshing, cleaning caches restarting 20 times trying to get it going again saw the FX board was flashing so it was getting data.

A bit more investigating and I discover that the Simulated Mode is respecting "chart trading hours" and it ceases to paint new bars. Obviously I don't want a simulated datafeed to stop working when the market closes!! Not sure if I would class this a "bug" or not since its technically expected behavior for a trading hours template, however its definitely undesirable; it causes confusion and makes the product look like its broken.

Is it possible to make all instruments override the trading hours when connected to the sim feed so that they paint bars regardless of whether the market is open or not?

Hello,
    This is expected and did occur with NinjaTrader 7.
    There is not a way to override all of the trading hours when connected to the Simulated Data Feed. I will submit this as a feature request to the development team though. Thank you for your suggestion.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks - there should at least be some kind of warning message... how are people supposed to know that this is expected?

I genuinely thought it just wasn't working properly...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes