Charts taking forever to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts taking forever to load

I've been trying to load charts on and off for the past 3 hours, the data is fine but I think it may have something to do with the volume profile set tick replay on data series / on each incoming tick. I am not sure what to do, I need volume profile to load on every chart I pull up regardless if its a tick chart or daily chart.

Exactly how many charts are you trying to load? And how many days to load to you have configured?

What data provider are you connected to?

Can you email a copy of your workspace? You do can do this by going to Help-> Email Support-> expand "Other files" and check the "Workspace files and UI settings"
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

17 charts, 365 days each, kinetick and cqg.

When I go to load CL I get no data and this error, although it loads up fine on NT7 with the same account:

Thanks.

Comment

That is quite a bit of data to load with tick replay enabled - are you sure you need 365 days of data for all of those charts?

Instead of OnEachTick, you can try changing the Calculated Mode to OnPriceChange which should save CPU time.

I'd also recommend loading that workspace configuration without your Volume indicators and see how much time it takes to load without the indicators, just to get a baseline for how much time it takes to crunch that many ticks using Tick Replay.

Comment

Any suggestions for code that would only load data for the bars that are displayed on screen ? And it takes a spit second to load charts without the volume profile. However, its useless to have the profile lines dissapear when changing timeframes, and unusable to have to wait 15 minutes for a chart to load. On price change isn't helping.
          Last edited by brucelevy; 10-13-2015, 07:13 AM.

Comment

No, the indicator will calculate OnBarUpdate starting from the first bar on the chart. If you're doing anything in OnRender, you can limit re-rendering based on the first/last bar displayed. But if you're asking for a years worth of tick data, it will calculate the data from that start.

The delay you see when changing time frames is the amount of time it takes to calculate the tick data in OnMarketData. The Profile lines cannot be rendered until that is done.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes