Chart - Tab behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart - Tab behind

When you switch to a chart tab that is displaying intraday chart, the chart postion stays where we left it last time and there are candles/bars hidden to the right. I think re-positioning the chart to show current candle, when the user switches to the tab, would be beneficial. Thanks.
    Last edited by shanmugs; 10-12-2015, 07:53 AM.

Hi shanmugs,

I'll submit a feature request to the development team for consideration.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi shanmugs,

I just want to clarify that we're referring to the same thing before proceeding.

It would be expected behavior currently if you're referring to scrolling back on the chart, then switching tabs, then switching back would still show the chart where you left it, in which case I'll submit this as a feature request.

My question is, does the above statement accurately reflect what you are seeing, or are you seeing some other behavior?
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
        Hi shanmugs,

I just want to clarify that we're referring to the same thing before proceeding.

It would be expected behavior currently if you're referring to scrolling back on the chart, then switching tabs, then switching back would still show the chart where you left it, in which case I'll submit this as a feature request.

My question is, does the above statement accurately reflect what you are seeing, or are you seeing some other behavior?
        Alex, Sorry for the delay in responding. I believe you said it correctly. I would like to see the chart show the current candle instead of showing where the tab was last left behind. Making it a toggle option to work both ways may be even better.

The issue i have is at times i don't realize I am looking at a old bar/candle. Like many, I like to set the right side margin to a higher value (60) . When i scroll left, the right margin stays no matter how for i move back. It may work better if the right margin is ignored if we are scrolling back (or an intraday chart left in the back for several candles and brought back to view). I have observed this in TOS and it seems to work better since the candles past the right margin shows that you are not in the current candle. Hope i make sense. Thanks.
        Last edited by shanmugs; 10-27-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

laying out NT chart

when I open up NT,the charts I have prepared are in a menu at the NT icon as a lower toolbar.

In order to spread them around my screens I have to select each on and hit maximize and then move it someplace and repeat for each of the charts.This is time consuming and a hassle.Id like to have them on the screens automatically each day.
          What can I do .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by laredo787 View Post
            when I open up NT,the charts I have prepared are in a menu at the NT icon as a lower toolbar.

In order to spread them around my screens I have to select each on and hit maximize and then move it someplace and repeat for each of the charts.This is time consuming and a hassle.Id like to have them on the screens automatically each day.
            What can I do .

Thanks
            Save your workspace when you have all the charts with how you want them?

Comment

chart display issue

tks try that

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM