positions tab != strategies tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

positions tab != strategies tab

As you can see in the attached screenshots, I have 4 position open on 4 different strats, yet only 2 are showing on the positions tab. Also, notice that the realized column of the strat tab is ALWAYS 0. This, even though the strats have made numerous trades.
    Please help.
    Thanks ... Ed
    Attached Files

The Account Position column matches the Account tab when compared to your strategy positions. Note that the "Acct. position" does not reflect your strategy position, but the cumulative account position for that instrument.

For TF: Only one strategy is in 1S position, therefore the account is 1 Short as per your Position tab.
    For SI: Only one strategy is in 1L position, therefore the account is 1 Long as per your Position tab.
    For 6E: One strategy is 2S, and the other is 2L, therefore the account is Flat as per your Position tab.

Please let me know if there is something I'm misreading from your screenshot.

The Realized PnL bug will be fixed in B6 as per issue # NTEIGHT-8759
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. It's good to know about the realized column. It would be nice if we could have an option to display the positions tab by strat as well as by instrument. Also, a totals row on both tabs would be nice.
      Thanks ... Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edstaffin View Post
        Thanks for the explanation. It's good to know about the realized column. It would be nice if we could have an option to display the positions tab by strat as well as by instrument. Also, a totals row on both tabs would be nice.
        Thanks ... Ed
        Thanks for the feedback, but I"m having trouble visualizing how that might work. Can you elaborate so I can properly log this recommendation as a feature request?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I guess, I'll wait until I see the realized column working before I make the suggestion. It may solve my issue. It still would be nice to have a totals row.
          Thanks ... Ed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sephichapdson  
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses