Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus Not Lining up

Mine is 'HW' also.

Jerry - I did the exact same thing... never reported because I figured it was to obvious not to have been already reported. Lessons learnt I guess!

So on that note, I have attached a screenshot of the menus not lining up with their headings in NT8, again an obvious bug - but thought I better check it's known, Matthew can you confirm? (Windows 10)

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

I have observed the same phenomenon.

Comment

I have not seen that particular issue being reporting yet. I wonder if it has anything to do with the configuration of your workspace. Can you please send in your workspaces to Platform Support and write "Attn: Dave" in the subject line, so that I can test your setup?
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

I will send my workspaces through now, but I don't think the issue is related. I recall having the same problem before I created my workspaces, and also on Windows 8.1 before the 10 upgrade.

I have also done a fresh install recently on Beta5 and the issue persists.

I did notice that on my Windows Server 2012 installation, the menus line up fine.

Cheers,
        Shane

Comment

Thank you -- I've got the workspaces, and I'll give them a test. If your suspicions are correct, then I'll likely post back here with more questions to try to pin down a reproducible scenario on my end.

Comment

It is as you suspected -- I was not able to reproduce using your workspaces. Does this issue occur all of the time for you, or only occasionally? If it is occasionally, can you think of any other factors that come into play when this occurs? Is there anything else going on at the same time -- other menu- or UI-related quirks, perhaps?

Comment

Hi Dave,

This is all the time, for all menu items on the Control Center. As the issue had persisted through different beta's and windows installs I thought it was just a known bug. The first time I saw it work correctly was when I checked my Server install after posting this thread, and noticed in there it was lining up fine.

Cheers,
              Shane
              Last edited by ShaneAU; 10-13-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Does that only happen as the Control Center is maximized?

If you have multiple monitors, does that occur as you maximize the Control Center on each monitor? Or does that only occur on the primary monitor for example?
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

It happens regardless of the state of the Control Center window, see video https://youtu.be/dmOT4NMN71A

The same thing happens on my secondary monitor, although I should mention this second monitor is a displaylink (USB) monitor, I don't have a regular monitor here to test with but I could later in the day if it is important.

Cheers,
                  Shane

Comment

Thanks for the video, I could reproduce - NTEIGHT-8961

Comment

Hi Matthew,
                      Confirming this issue is still present in Beta 6.
                      Cheers,
                      Shane

Comment

Sorry I bumped the wrong thread - the issue will be fixed in beta 7.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I am still experiencing this bug with the menus in B7, even though the release notes are saying this has been fixed with 8961.

Cheers,
                          Shane

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
                            Hi Matthew,

I am still experiencing this bug with the menus in B7, even though the release notes are saying this has been fixed with 8961.

Cheers,
                            Shane
                            The case I was able to reproduce was with a maximized control center, which was fixed. There may be some other corner cases related to the position of the control center. For example, I've observed where the control center spans two monitors, the windows do not line up. We'll fix these corner cases as we catch them and I've reopened that ticket to catch that issue, but there could still be others. If you can provide us specific scenarios to chase, we can get this in to fix as well. I'm including the video I'm sending to our developers which demonstrates the case I could reproduce today: http://screencast.com/t/Y3EgTgfL

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the update and screencast. What I am experiencing is similar but slightly different and it is occurring all the time in any orientation. Please see my post #9 video link, the exact same thing is happening for me in B7 (Windows 10). Please note it does not occur on my Windows Server installation - on that OS it works fine.

Cheers,
                              Shane

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                              2 responses