Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Drawing Tool - Hide from Menu?

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent a custom drawing tool from being shown in the chart Drawing Tools menu and/or prevent it from being available for use by users for performing manual drawing with it?

The scenario is that I am exploring the idea of implementing a custom drawing tool to create custom drawings that natively allow for user interaction and manipulation with analysis (e.g. price zones) generated by the software through user interaction such as menu items, mouse clicks, etc.

However, I want the drawing tools *only* to be generated programmatically from within our code only, as they are relevant only to interacting with analysis generated by the software, and not to arbitrary manual drawing done by the user.

Is there any way to accomplish this? If not, it would be nice to have some type of property or class-level attribute that could exclude the drawing tool from inclusion in the Drawing Tools Menu/UI.

And, related to that, it would also be nice to be able to exclude instances of such drawing objects from the collection of drawing objects in the "Drawing Objects" dialog as well if the intention is to not be able to update and change the general properties such as the appearance, etc. via that route.

I did already try the "DisplayOnChartsMenus" property, and cannot tell what that accomplishes, if anything. It is an instance property, so I would not expect that to have the desired effect.

Thanks!

That is exactly what DisplayOnChartMenu is for. This will tell the chart toolbar whether or not to have this drawing tool included on the Drawing Tools menu. I would advise using that. Note that you would need to reload a new chart window, as it does not update on an already open chart

Comment

Hello sdonahue,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Calonious is correct; you would want to change the DisplayOnChartsMenu property from true to false if you would like to not have this drawing tool listed in the chart's drawing tool menus.

For more information about the DisplayOnChartsMenu property, please take a look at this link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...hartsmenus.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your help - you're right. The issue was how and when I was setting the property. I added it to the Constructor and the OnStateChange override on SetDefaults and now the drawing tool does not appear in the Drawing Tools menu of any (even existing) charts.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes