DrawingTools. Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawingTools. Bug

Sometimes the drawing tool can not be drawn in a certain bar.
    As seen in the video, jumps occur between the bars.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The chart is Range 1 with TickReplay. One day loaded. Disconnected from datafeed.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the same thing on my end using the settings you've described on ES 12-15. I'm using the Bar snap mode -- are you using Bar and Price, by chance? Do any of these bars have the same timestamp as the prior or subsequent bar? Does this happen randomly on any chart, with any instrument?

Anything else that you can think of to help me reproduce your scenario will be helpful.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I see it here.

I opened up NT8B5.

I changed a chart I already had in my workspace from Range 4 to Range 1.

I have to connection at all to anything.

I see a normal bar jump, but also a 4 bar jump, and even a 7 bar jump.

If I try to create another line - it will not start in between those bars. It defaults to the same bars where I can not move things too.

It might be because of high volume & time stamping for my NT7 generated replay data?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the same thing on my end using the settings you've described on ES 12-15. I'm using the Bar snap mode -- are you using Bar and Price, by chance? Do any of these bars have the same timestamp as the prior or subsequent bar? Does this happen randomly on any chart, with any instrument?

Anything else that you can think of to help me reproduce your scenario will be helpful.
        Yes, the bug occurs when the adjacent bars have the same timestamp (miliseconds included).

Comment

The timestamp was the key that allowed me to reproduce the issue. I've reported it to our team with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8982.

Sledge, do you find that the timestamps of bars to which you cannot snap have an identical timestamp to other bars around it? If so, then that would further confirm the cause.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
            The timestamp was the key that allowed me to reproduce the issue. I've reported it to our team with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8982.

Sledge, do you find that the timestamps of bars to which you cannot snap have an identical timestamp to other bars around it? If so, then that would further confirm the cause.
            Yes, that's what I was implying...

I wonder what NT7 would do. I guess it's kind of silly though to draw lines on a 1 tick chart on the same time stamp....

Comment

I find consistently that on daily charts, the line tool does not draw diagonals without jumps/snapping when trying to draw them past the current bar to the right, so if I draw a line from a bar 4 bars back to the low of the current bar and beyond it, this weird jumping snapping effect occurs (even though I have all snapping disabled for price and time).. this only occurs on the daily charts..

Comment

Hello jitterbug,

Thank you for posting!

I am unable to reproduce on my end. The steps I took: I had connected to the Playback Connection, opened an ES daily chart, disabled snap mode, and drew a line four bars before the last bar, passed the last bar and didn't see any jumping of any sort. If there are steps I missed, please let me know.

Additionally, what instrument did you have selected? Were you connected to the Playback Connection? Does this occur on all of your daily charts?

Lastly, could you please provide me with your workspace files so that I may test on my end? You can find the workspace files by going to Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> workspaces.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Riey,

The same thing happens on any currency pair for daily charts, I haven`t tried other markets.

I`m using FXCM sim101.

I created a new workspace with new 2 new daily charts and no indicators or templates to test. the same thing happens, I turn off disable all snapping, but snapping jumping still occur with the line tool (F2).

I`ve emailed that workspace to platform support for you as it won`t allow me to upload it here.

Comment

Hi Jitterbug,

Thank you for sending the workspace file.

I was able to reproduce this on a currency daily chart.

I will submit this bug to our Product Development team and will update you when I have unique ID.

Once again, thank you for providing great feedback.
                    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

cheers Riley !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post andrewtrades