Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Market Replay data download issue

Hello,
    I am trying to download ^NIFTY data from the Get Market Replay Data but do not see any data being populated. I had asked a similar question on NT7 forum and had received a reply that Historical Data will be available to be played back in NT8. But I do not see that happening. I still have to go and download the data.

Why is it that I am not allowed to use the data that is available in the charts to be replayed back ?

Hello SurenForex,

Thank you for writing in. The playback connection still uses tick data to replay historical data so you must have historical tick data for the instrument you wish to view. To resolve the issue:
    1) Connect to your live data provider
    2) Open a new chart with the ^NIFTY and set it to a 1 Tick timeframe
    3) Let the chart load
    4) Disconnect from your live data provider and connection to the Playback connection
    5) You can replay historical ^NIFTY data on any time frame you wish.

This is outlined in our help guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...htsub=playback

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Great thanks. I did this and it worked for me. There are some other NT8 issues with playback, as can be expected, but overall it is working pretty good. Question for you. How can I go back, for NT8, and get historical tick data for 2014 contracts. I have it for NT7 but when having NT8 convert the data it does not work. I uninstalled NT8 and all files and re-installed then upon opening the first time I did not have it convert my NT7 data. I have ES 12-15 contract live so I got the historical tick data. However how do I get it for the older contracts that are expired?

Thanks
      Wade

Comment

Originally posted by wbweston View Post
        Great thanks. I did this and it worked for me. There are some other NT8 issues with playback, as can be expected, but overall it is working pretty good. Question for you. How can I go back, for NT8, and get historical tick data for 2014 contracts. I have it for NT7 but when having NT8 convert the data it does not work. I uninstalled NT8 and all files and re-installed then upon opening the first time I did not have it convert my NT7 data. I have ES 12-15 contract live so I got the historical tick data. However how do I get it for the older contracts that are expired?

Thanks
        Wade
        It works for me.... I import replay data from ES 03-14 through present without issue from NT7... (non-historical)...

so 1) Remove previous replay data in NT8
        2) Remove your config file in NT8 to kick off re-import

****I guess I am missing the need for historical data. my bad.sorry.
        Last edited by sledge; 11-14-2015, 01:03 AM. Reason: ****

Comment

Hello Wade,

I have it for NT7 but when having NT8 convert the data it does not work.
          Could you please elaborate on what is happening? Are you getting an error message when importing or is the data just not accessible via playback with the historical radio button selected?

Thank you in advance.
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Sure, here are a couple screencasts of the issues:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I also have tickets open...
            NT8 Data Migration Error {1413352}
            Possible bug in NT8 connecting to Replay {1414449}

Thanks
            Wade

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

After selecting the Go To date and time after click Ok the controller will display time moving as it goes thru data. If you leave NinjaTrader open does the controller then become active after the time displayed matches what was input in the Go To window?
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. It seems as if I close the workspace and go to a date and time it scrolls through quite a bit faster.

On the other issue why do you think NT* replay is not working wity my converted NT7 data?

Thanks

Comment

When first opening NinjaTrader 8 did you migrate when prompted or did you move the files manually?

Also can you tell me what occurs when you attempt to replay data migrated from NT7?

Comment

I migrated when prompted then when trying to use the data loads in the chart but when I press play it does nothing. Just sits there with the hour glass. I then deleted everything and have just been downloading playback data via NT8 downloader. But again, I can only do this for the most recent contract that I trade live ES 12-15. It does not work for any other contract that has expired in the past. Not data downloads at all for any other contract in the past.

Thanks

Comment

So I may test your NInjaTrader 7 replay data can you please zip your data folder found in Documents->NinjaTrader 7->db folder.

Next can you please forward me the zipped data folder using the following 3rd party service to send the file.

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

• Press "Skip"
                      • Press "Add Files"
                      • Browse to: Where the zip file is saved
                      • To: platforms[email protected]
                      • Message: ATTN: Chris Jameson - and include a link to this thread

Comment

Is NT7 Replay data usable in NT8 Playback?

Since NT8 uses one file for Replay/Playback data in order to sync the ticks properly, and NT7 Replay data uses 2 files, can I use NT7 Replay data for NT8 playback?

If not, is there a supported site that NT partners with to provide NT8 compatible Playback data?

Please let me know.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tomace View Post
                          Since NT8 uses one file for Replay/Playback data in order to sync the ticks properly, and NT7 Replay data uses 2 files, can I use NT7 Replay data for NT8 playback?

If not, is there a supported site that NT partners with to provide NT8 compatible Playback data?

Please let me know.
                          Thanks!

It has to be converted to nt8 by nt8.

I do this weekly. Deletion of replay folder in nt8 might not be necessary anymore. Haven't retested this with 8.0.0.8.

Comment

Thanks sledge, and you don't see any syncing issue when doing it this way? In other words, the Replay in NT8 matches NT7 when using converted data?

It looks like several of the website that provide the Replay data only give NT7, so I'll try converting without deleting to see if I can replicate the issue with 8.0.0.8.

Comment

Originally posted by tomace View Post
                              Thanks sledge, and you don't see any syncing issue when doing it this way? In other words, the Replay in NT8 matches NT7 when using converted data?
                              I have stopped testing my strategies in nt7. 30 hours is too long. Have to split among machines.

Nt8 and Ddr3 machines knock it out on 3.5 hours. Ddr4 machines take 4 to 5 hours.

NT8 replay still has some bugs, especially with multi contracts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Javierw.ok  
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid