Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IQFeed Connection times out, throws exceptions a lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed Connection times out, throws exceptions a lot.

Been having quite a bit of trouble with IQFeed in B5. I'm using client 5.1.3.1 on the same machine as NT8. Often the L1 thread times out and leaves the following message in the log -

2015-10-19 07:54:52:885|3|4|IQFeed.Adapter.L1Worker: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Also, the abort/retry/ignore dialog with this call stack comes up when attempting to disconnect after the NT side stops reading data from time to time. Please see attached screenshot for the call stack.

This issue requires a kill and restart of the NT process afterward, it appears to leave at least one thread in an infinite loop.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RanchoDinero; 10-19-2015, 11:23 AM.

Me too...

Hello Rancho,

thank you for your post; I can confirm I am suffering issues with IQFeed too since it disconnects lots of times.

Comment

Hi RanchoDinero,

Indeed, this is something I have been investigating with nientenickgraze. Could you send me your trace files located in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace folder?

Just send those to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com and link to this thread. Also include "ATTN: Alex" somewhere in your message.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

No problem, done...

Comment

Hi RanchoDinero,

A socket issue possibly relating to this was fixed in B6. Have you upgraded to B6 and, if so, do you still experience the same?
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I did upgrade, I'll report back after I've had some time with it.

Comment

Hey Alex -

So far this issue is much better... I'll pipe up if I start seeing it again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              12 responses
              0 likes