• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export file name bug

Bug screenshot is in the image below.

Attached Files

Hello misova,

When I open the Export As window from the Trades-tab in the Strategy Analyzer, I see a different name. Are you able to reproduce this consistently?

NinjaTrader uses the time format setup in Windows. Please shut down NinjaTrader 8 and go to Windows Control Panel-->Region and Language. Set 'Short time' and 'Long tim' to H:mm and H:mm:ss respectively. Click OK.

Start NinjaTrader 8 and perform a new backtest. Time should now be reported in 24 hour format.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I reproduced the problem.

1. When used English locale (see 1st screenshot) - it works fine.
      2. When used Slovak locale (see 2nd screenshot - it is broken - as I reported in first post.

It should be easily reproducible on your side - just change locale -> restart NT8 -> try Export.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...1&d=1445367252

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...1&d=1445367252
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello misova,

Yes, I can reproduce it on my end. Unfortunately it will not include AM or PM in the name when a region is setup in Windows that does not use such a time format.

I can reproduce it for other region formats such as Dutch (Netherlands), German (Germany) and French (France). All regions where they do not use AM/PM. When I use a region where AM/PM is used, it will be included in the file name. I suggest to manually type AM or PM in the name field upon exporting the file when Windows is set to a region that does not use AM/PM.

Comment

I would suggest, you should use one generic logical format, that will be OK for everybody
          and sorts generated excel in folder automatically by datetime of finished backtest.

Date of finishing backtest is the most logical datetime to use, because all related
          excels will start with same datetime and strategy. - for example if one exports Trades
          and Executions,from one backtest, then exported files will be correctly together
          when viewing folder on filesystem, because of same backtest-time and strategy name.

Good thing is, that if various export of existing backtest will be done more times or at different times, related exports will be logically located together in folder.

This naming scheme will bring meaningful and usable order even if many exported files in one folder.

Suggested format:
          yyyy-MM-dd HH.mm.ss - StrategyName - ExportedTab
          Last edited by misova; 10-22-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

For this use case, using the ISO 8601 timestamp format would be the logical choice: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS (uses 24-hour clock; sorts correctly; no ambiguity; culturally neutral and understood by the widest audience)
            Last edited by strategesis; 10-23-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you both for your feedback. I will forward the suggested formats to development to put it on the list of possible future enhancements.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-844

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes