Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception when resizing market analyzer

Hi guys,

I've got this error (screenshot attached) a few times when resizing the MA when having multiple columns. Not sure exactly how to reproduce this consistently, but thought I would post anyway, to see if there were any other similar experiences.

After receiving the error, I can't move the column sizes inside the MA window like i normally would - instead they move in funny ways, i.e. i might resize 1 column but it changes a different column.

Below is from the trace file which is repeated a number of times. Another error is in the trace file but after this has occurred a number of times so not sure if it's relevant:

2015-10-19 18:35:05:439 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2015-10-19 18:35:05:439 The specified Visual is not an ancestor of this Visual.
    2015-10-19 18:35:05:440 System.InvalidOperationException: The specified Visual is not an ancestor of this Visual.
    at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TrySimpleTransformToAn cestor(Visual ancestor, Boolean inverse, GeneralTransform& generalTransform, Matrix& simpleTransform)
    at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TransformToAncestor(Vi sual ancestor)
    at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.DataRecordPrese nter.CalculateCellAreaAutoFitExtent(RecordPresente r rp, Boolean isAutoFitWidth)
    at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.DataRecordPrese nter.UpdateAutoFitPropertiesHelper(RecordPresenter rp)
    at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.RecordPresenter .OnLayoutUpdated()
    at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.DataPresenterBa se.ProcessLayoutUpdatedCallbackList(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireLayoutUpda teEvent()
    at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.Process_WM_SIZE( UIElement rootUIElement, IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.LayoutFilterMess age(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. To point me in the right direction with trying to reproduce, can you tell me if the same thing occurs when you use only pre-built columns? It looks like you may be using custom columns or custom indicators in an indicator column, and I'd like to eliminate them as a possible cause, if we can.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I have only used the MA with multiple columns when using custom indicators or custom columns, so I am not sure if this error occurs with the pre-built ones. I tried quickly to replicate just now with pre-built columns and wasn't able to do so, but as this is intermittent error, that doesn't mean much...

I will do some more experimenting over the next day or so and let you know if anything happens while using the pre-built columns, or if there are any other consistencies in when it occurs.

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Hi Dave,

I’m still looking at ways to replicate the error in my original post, however I have been having NT crash repeatedly as I am using the ‘cell conditions’ on a MA column. I am using a custom column, however this script is just displaying a value between 1 and 7 depending on some criteria.

It is when I start adding ‘cell conditions’ on what those values will display as text/colours etc, that’s when crashes start. The first cell condition always add OK, but then NT crashes whenever I add a second condition.

For example, the kind of cell conditions I am using are - if the value is ‘1’ it displays ‘Longs OK’ in green background, if the cell value is ‘5’ then it would be ‘Shorts OK’ in a green background and red text. There will be a cell condition for each value between 1 and 7... when NT stops crashing on me and lets me get that far

Please see the video at https://youtu.be/X9wJOJkJpZI which shows this behaviour. I will email support with subject ATT to you with the MA column ninjascript, in case this helps in testing together with the trace files.

Cheers,
        Shane

Comment

Thank you -- I've got the files and I'm working on this issue now. I'll post back soon with an update.

Comment

I was able to reproduce the issue, and it appeared to me to be coming from the conditional setting of CurrentValue in the MA column. If you simply set CurrentValue to some constant value in OnBarUpdate(), for example, the crash does not occur. I have submitted a report to our team to investigate further, with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8990.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I tried adding multiple conditions to the inbuilt 'Daily Low' column, and this worked OK. But those columns weren't changing so that seems consistent with your testing also.

Cheers,
              Shane

Comment

I'm happy to report that NTEIGHT-8990 has just been resolved in our latest internal build. Please keep this issue in mind to test in the next Beta release.

Comment

Whoop! Thanks Dave

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM