Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exception when exporting protected DLL (NT8 B5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_ZacharyG
    replied
    Hello strategesis,

We are currently looking into this and will return when further information arises.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• strategesis
    replied
    I've attached the trace file.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ZacharyG
    replied
    Hello strategesis,

Thank you for your inquiry.

To investigate further, can you please provide us your trace files as well?

You will find the trace files on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

The trace files will be named "trace.20151019.xxxxx.txt" (where the Xs are numerical values, eg. 00001, 00002, etc...)

Leave a comment:

• Exception when exporting protected DLL (NT8 B5)

I recently purchased the SecureTeam code obfuscation utility (the version specific to NinjaTrader8.) Last evening, I tried to use it for the first time to export a DLL with obfuscated code. The export failed with an exception. I've attached a picture. I've also attached the log file.

Export always fails with the same exception, if the protected code export option is chosen, regardless of what is being exported.

I initially encountered the problem using my normal Windows development account. I then tried doing the same in a new account in which only NT8 and the NT8-specific version of the SecureTeam utility are installed. The same exception occurs regardless.

Question: Is it possible to use the SecureTeam utility to obfuscate a NinjaScript DLL directly, instead of by using the NinjaTrader export tool? (e.g., Step 1: Export the NinjaScript as a DLL without protection; Step 2: Obfuscate the DLL by directly using the SecureTeam utility)
    Attached Files

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post cls71
by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
3 responses