Collapse

SecureTeam's Agile.NET 6.3 for NinjaTrader 8 Breaks NT7 Protected DLL Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecureTeam's Agile.NET 6.3 for NinjaTrader 8 Breaks NT7 Protected DLL Export

Installing SecureTeam's Agile.NET 6.3 for NinjaTrader 8 breaks exporting protected DLLs from NinjaTrader 7. This is is true even if Agile.NET 6.3 is installed to a different Windows account on the same computer (the installer installs the software for all users, and provides no option to only install the software for the current user.)

Question: Was the intention that, for those who install Agile.NET 6.3, that they should also automatically be using Agile.NET 6.3 for exporting proteced DLLs from NT7?

In any case, once Agile.NET 6.3 has been installed, attempting to export protected DLLs from NT7 fails with an exception.

I have attached both the log file and a screen shot of the Exception confirmer.

Question: Can Agile.NET 6.3 be used in stand-alone mode to obfuscate DLLs exported (as uprotected DLLs) from NinjaTrader 7?
    Attached Files

Agile.NET was not intended to be used with NT7. It is a new product that is being used to protect NT8 assemblies.

You should continue to protect NT7 assemblies using CliSecure. Simply installing Agile.NET should not break NinjaTrader 7/CliSecure in our experience.

Do let us know if you run into any issues with that setup though.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've been trying for days to be able to export protected DLLs from NT7 while Agile.NET is also installed. No matter what I've tried, I get the exception you see in the attached image (above.)

Comment

Hello strategesis,

Just to clarify, you do have CliSecure 5.3 installed on your system as well?

To investigate further, can you please provide us your trace files as well?

You will find the trace files on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace files will be named "trace.20151020.txt"
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I have both CliSecure 5.3 and Agile.NET 6.3 installed.

I've attached the trace files.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello strategesis,

We are currently looking into this and will return when further information arises.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello strategesis,

Thank you for your patience.

We have received additional information from Secure Team.

The default behavior for both CliSecure and Agile.net during install is that they are both installed to the same folder by default.

To resolve this issue, please ensure that Agile.net is installed to a different folder than CliSecure rather than the same folder.

EDIT: Ensure that CliSecure has been installed to the default directory the installer provides and Agile.NET to another folder other than the default provided.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 11-02-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Hello,
                This is a copy/paste message from thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79395

I've tried to bypass the problem by installing CliSecure and Agile.NET in different folders:
                1. CliSecure - C:\Program Files(x86)\SecureTeam\CliSecure\
                2. Agile.NET - C:\Program Files(x86)\SecureTeam\Agile.NET\
                It is a lot better, because now I can run CliSecure's and Agile.NET's GUI at the same time. But when I tried to export strategy in NT7, I get an error:
                Error in export process: C:\Program Files(x86)\SecureTeam\Agile.NET\\CliSecure.Console .exe
                So obviously NT7 is now looking for the EXE in the wrong directory after installation of Agile.NET as a second programme. Where can I manually change it in NT7 configuration?

Comment

Hello InteRadek,

I have replied to this in the referenced post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum....php?t=79395#6

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes