Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 crashes when optimizing

Hello,

NT8 crashes when performing a multi-objective optimization.

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Can you please provide the parameters you have specified in the Strategy Analyzer's parameters for the multi-objective optimization?

Does this occur on the Sample MA crossover strategy or any of the other strategies included with NinjaTrader 8? Does this only occur on one particular strategy?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It takes more time to crash but it also happens with the sample MACrossover strategy. I think the problem is about memory management.

FIrst I have to say that I'm using 30 minute bars since 1-1-2012 till today. When I start the process it takes all the memory and CPU of the system. This didn't happen on NT7

I also found a non-related issue on the strtegies tab. When editing a strategy the account field is set to Sim101 again and it has to be manually set again.

Comment

I have some tips about the strategies tab. I don't know if it's correct to write it on this same thread.

I have to say that entering strategies on NT7 was easier and faster. First, on NT8 I have to load the template on every new strategy. On NT7 it came preloaded with the settings of the last entered strategy and I had the possibility to save a single parameter instead of the whole template.

When entering a big number of strategies this takes a lot of time. It would be great to be able to load parameters from an excel sheet or a database.

Comment

Hello guillembm,

To further investigate, can you please provide your log and trace files? You will want to select the log and trace files on the particular day when the crash occurred if the dates below are inaccurate.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20151021.xxxxx.txt" (where the Xs will be replaced with numerical values, eg 00000, 00001, etc.)

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20151021.xxxxx.txt" (where the Xs will be replaced with numerical values, eg 00000, 00001, etc.)

Additionally, thank you for your suggestion to improve NinjaTrader. I have submitted this suggestion to product management.
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
          1 response
          0 likes