Editing symbols imported from a stock list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing symbols imported from a stock list

I have a problem with the instrument manager. Either I do not understand it correctly or maybe it is even a bug (I tried to find something in the documentation about it). Any hints would be appreciated greatly

I imported a list of 30 stock symbols into an instrument list ("Import Stock Symbol List"). This worked ok and they appear in the instrument list I created for them.
    But the 30 symbols do not appear in the instrument manager (Tools -> Instruments). So I am not able to use the edit function to change the trading hours or the symbol mapping etc. Also it is not possible to again add the symbols in the instrument manager (to be able to edit them). Trying it results in the message "There already is an instrument of the same type with this name". This is kinda true but feels awkward for me since I cannot see the (already existing) symbol in the instrument manager.

I would have expected that symbols added by "Import Stock Symbol List" would appear in the regular instrument manager list. Is it a bug that it does not? If not, how am I supposed to edit the symbols later (like symbol mapping or trading hours)?

Big thanks for your ongoing support efforts!

That definitely sounds like a bug to me so thanks for posting. I did a quick test on B5 and I was able to see the stocks I imported.

Would you happen to have the instrument txt list you imported so I can see if I can reproduce? Maybe there is something unique about your list which is causing them to not show up.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ok, no problem. It turned out it even happens when I import just two symbols. For me it is quite easy to reproduce. This is what I have done:
      (- In "Tools / Database": Removed all user symbol and symbol lists for a fresh start)
      - Tools -> Import -> Stock Symbol List
      - I entered "AAA,BBB" to the text field.
      - In the combo box "Instrument List" I choose "new" and create a new list named "DAX".
      - Then I choose the new list "DAX" for the target instrument list
      - Press OK.
      -> "2 Stock symbol were successfully imported..."

-"Tools -> Instruments"
      -In the "Search | All"-field I write "AAA" or "BBB"
      -> It does not show up

But
      -"Tools -> Instrument Lists"
      -I select my list "DAX" and the symbols "AAA" and "BBB" show up

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce the behavior with the steps you provided.

Can you please forward me your database file so I may test on my end. To forward your database please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line->Include a link to this thread in the body->put a check in the box for "Database file".
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good news here: This morning I tested B6 and this is working now for me! According to the release notes there was something fixed regarding instrument lists for some languages.
          I have a german Windows so it might be the reason. Would also explain why you could not reproduce it on your end.

I will do more tests with it and I will keep track of this issue.
          Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear you are no longer able to reproduce the issue within Beta 6 and thanks again for reporting.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post effraenk  
            Started by ccbiasi, 11-23-2017, 06:06 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes