Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot load referenced Assemblies from custom folders (B5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load referenced Assemblies from custom folders (B5)

In my indicator in the NinjaScript Editor I added a reference to a custom assembly (ta-lib) which resides in some other folder of mine (outside NinjaTrader). I did this by choosing "References..." -> "add" and then chose the DLL from the folder.
    Now when I use the indicator I get an error in the log (something like "Assembly could not be loaded. A file was not found").
    The fusion log (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx) told me that NinjaTrader only tried to load the DLL from the NT-App-Directory and from the NT-Custom directory (but not from the folder it actually resides in). After I moved the assembly to a NT-folder it worked.

Well, I hope I could explain it well enough.
    My point is: NT does let you browse to a DLL in a random wolder when using "Add Reference" but then fails to load it from there. In my opinion it should either only permit to add references to DLLs that reside inside the NT-folders or it should be able to load assemblies from random folders.

If you're going to be distributing your indicator(s) as a product, how will you ensure that your customers have that DLL in the location you're using in your development environment, if that location isn't in the in NinjaTrader bin/Custom folder?

There *are* ways, to do that, but they aren't directly supported by NinjaTrader.

Here's one: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

But that solution won't, by itself, correctly configure the system so that DLL lookup will find the DLL.

It would be good if there were a way for multiple third-party installers to install multiple third party indicators/strategies/addons etc so that NinjaTrader will correctly bind to the required DLLs--regardless of where those might be located--without conflicting with each other, and without overwriting each others' DLL location specifications.

Comment

Hello,

I have entered a feature request to allow referenced dlls to be located outside of the NinjaTrader directories.

It will be up to the development department to decide when and if to implement this.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to provide a tracking id for your request.

Your request to allow references to be added from outside of the prescribed directory is being tracked with ID# SFT-855.

We are always striving to improve our product. Please let me know of any other enhancements ideas you may have for NinjaTrader.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes