Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving NT8B5 windows across monitors... anyone have issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving NT8B5 windows across monitors... anyone have issues?

Win7 64 bit all machines.

My desktop doesn't exhibit any stuttering or cursor getting off the window across multiple monitors - but they are all using the same video card (nvidia 780ti).

My laptops in NT8B5 (and previous versions) - when I move to 2nd or 3rd monitor things get a little confused for the window - sometimes it will try to redisplay on the right edge before crossing, other times it will jump back to the left side and continue it's progress from there and then get stuck at the middle of the chart.

NT7 doesn't appear to have this issue. The window will cross across monitors as expected.

These laptops have INTEL HD graphics combined with Quadro k2100m/k3100m cards.
    So I'm not sure if that's the issue.

So if anyone has a laptop with multiple monitors - can you confirm the strangeness when moving windows across monitors? It's not life and death - but if other people are experiencing it with different hardware....

I upgraded all video drivers (Intel and Nvidia) a month ago when B5 came out.

Edit - I double checked laptop with K3100m-- it doesn't have this issue. Everything is fine on it. It's only my other laptop. The only thing I know what is different there - is that I am using an HDMI output instead of mini display port. I'm currently running a test there, but next time I'll right click and run with K2100m video card and see what happens. (Oh - and that's with a 4k screen, this laptop that works has a 3k screen). But I do remember it having issue before... well, if anyone else has seen this... chime in.
    Last edited by sledge; 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM.

Sledge? You have an integrated card and a dedicated card... This is a laptop correct? If so then the problem likely is one monitor being driven by the 'slow' graphics card and the other one driven by the 'more advanced' one. Sometimes you can isolate this by going to start > run > "dxdiag" and checking what video card adapter is configured for each monitor tab.

If so can you please look into disabling the integrated 'worse' graphics card, I had to do this on my laptop. There are a couple of ways to do it, one way is to use the Nvidia control panel which I had limited success with the other is to permanently disable it which I had to use the bios to do so.

This way you'll always use the 'more advanced' graphics card to see if that doesn't improve the monitor switching scenario your running into.

Comment

I'll look into that. I don't think I set that setting on 2nd laptop that no longer does it. So more double checking required.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH