B5: The "Vendor Licensing..." option is missing from the Tools menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5: The "Vendor Licensing..." option is missing from the Tools menu

The documentation claims that the "Vendor Licensing..." option is supposed to be present on the Tools menu. It's not there, nor does it appear to be anywhere else that I can find.

Bumping due to no response.

Comment

Hello,

Have you spoken with our Business Development team to obtain a Vendor ID and the Vendor Licensing Help Guide yet, by chance? Vendor Licensing functions are now packaged as an AddOn, which is provided by our Business Development team to approved vendors. I can ask one of them to reach out to you, if you would like.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes, I have a VendorID and the Help Guide. Do I have to reapply for NinjaTrader 8, or will what I have work for NinjaTrader 8?

But I obviously need the AddOn.

Comment

if you already have a Vendor ID, then you should be good to go. I'll go ahead and send it to you via PM, and a copy of the NT8 Vendor Help Guide (sounds like you may have the NT7 version). You should see that PM shortly.

Comment

Hello strategesis,

Please note that NinjaTrader 8 beta items fall secondary in priority to NinjaTrader 7 inquiries.

Also, do keep in mind the NinjaTrader support hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern.

For the Vendor Management console to appear in NinjaTrader 8, the Vendor License addon must be added to NinjaTrader and this is provided by the NinjaTrader Business Development department.

This is also mentioned in the help guide:
            "NinjaTrader provides a free vendor license management service for user authentication to qualified 3rd party developers.
            The service includes the following features:
            A NinjaScript AddOn dedicated to license management (Manage license, provide free trials)"

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...entication.htm

Is there another page in the help guide that you are referring to that has different language?

Have you contacted the business development department for the NinjaTrader 8 Vendor Licensing guide and for the Vendor Licensing Addon?
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I never saw the page you quoted.

What I did see was this page: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tools_menu.htm

No, I have not contacted anyone at NinjaTrader about this issue, other than here on this post. I didn't realize that was necessary until now.

Comment

I now consider this issue resolved.

However, I would suggest making the changes in the way vendor licensing works more prominent in the documentation, since there are many NT7 vendors who may not expect the way this works to be as different as it is.

Comment

Agreed -- I am going to edit the screenshot that shows the AddOn enabled in the Tools menu, and potentially add a note to clear up the process of obtaining the AddOn in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post mattbsea  
                  Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                  6 responses