Color selection control doesn't accept keyboard input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color selection control doesn't accept keyboard input

The color selection controls in NT8 are cumbersome to work with. One can not type the color they want. Selecting colors from a large scrolling list is annoying especially when we already know the name of the color. I routinely type Transparent or Green but finding them with the mouse is a pain.

There are two similar controls in Windows:
    Drop down lists
    Combo boxes

NT7 used Combo Boxes for the color selections. NT8 is using Drop down lists.

The difference between Combo box and list is that a combo box is a "combination" of an edit control and a drop down list... thus the ability to type into the edit control.

Please change to combo box!

It is a System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox

Typing works fine on my end-> If i want to bring up a Transparent brush, I type "T" and it will cycle through all the brushes/colors which are start with T.

Given the fact that your post indicates that the intended feature of accepting keyboard input does not work on your system, can you provide more details about your system? (Operating System, Regional settings).
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matt,
      You're right. I does let me type the color in. I did not think it was because I don't see the characters appear as I type. The color does in fact change to the one for the sequence of characters typed after pressing the enter key. In NT7 the characters typed are displayed as we type them and helps to verify that we are spelling the color correctly ( and that typing a color is supported ! ).

Most important is that we can type the colors but it would be help to see the characters typed..

On a separate note there are not as many predefined color choices in the drop down as in NT7. NT7 displays 3 tabs that categorize the colors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
      6 responses
      2 likes
      Last Post ultls
      by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes