Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Code Conversion

Hi,

Trying to covert code from NT7 to NT8 and I am stuck with the following 2 areas. I do not know if there are ChartControl definition for ChartTypeStyle.

else if (State == State.Configure)
    {
    if (ChartControl != null && ChartControl.ChartStyleType == ChartStyleType.CandleStick)

candles = true;
    else
    candles = false;
    }

Not clear about the correct code for the above "IF" statement
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also, the following definition for Brush will not accept calculated integer values instead of numeric RGB integers i.e (50,80,120)

Brush myColor = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromRgb(value1,value2,value3 ));
    myColor.Freeze();

How the definition of Brush must be coded to accept integer series?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by aligator; 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM.

Why would you post this in NT7 forums? No wonder no one saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Why would you post this in NT7 forums? No wonder no one saw this.
      Thanks for help , General Programming was the forum.

Comment

Hello Alligator,
        You can check the ChartStyle type by using ChartBars.Properties.Chartstyle.
        Code:
        if(ChartControl != null && ChartBars.Properties.ChartStyleType == ChartStyleType.Candlestick)
        {
        candles = true;
        else
        candles = false;
        }
        Please see the following link on ChartBars.Properties. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...properties.htm

Color.FromRgb uses byte values. To use integers you would need to convert the integer values to Byte.

Code:
        Brush myColor = new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromRgb(Convert.ToByte(value1), Convert.ToByte(value2), Convert.ToByte(value3)));
        For more information on Color.FromRgb please see the following link, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

I would also like to note while this is a general programming question we do ask that you post any questions on NinjaTrader 8, including programming questions, in the NinjaTrader 8 section. These types of questions could be asked in General Discussion

If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In Nt7 when I try to use Color.FromRgb(value1,value2,value3) the compiler doesn't recognize it. Am I missing a hierarchy declaration? I tried using System.Windows.Media; it still didn't recognize it. I want to use this to create a color gradient method.

Comment

Hello,
            What variable type do you have value1, value2, and value3 set to? i.e. integer, double, byte, etc.

Color.FromRgb() only accepts bytes as its overloads. Please see the following Microsoft Documentation on this, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

If you have value1, value 2, and value3 set to be something other than a byte you would need to convert it using Convert.ToByte()
            Please see my example below:
            Code:
            Color.FromRgb(Convert.ToByte(value1), Convert.ToByte(value2), Convert.ToByte(value3)));
            I would also like to note to keep continuity of this thread we do ask that you post your questions in the associated sections. For example if you have a general question on NinjaScript using NinjaTrader 7 you would ask this under NinjaScript Development > General Programming.

The NinjaTrader 8 threads are meant to be used for questions, general feedback, and bug reporting for NinjaTrader 8.
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes