Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 6:Transparent charts when loading or no data

Hi guys,

Interesting thing in Beta 6 is that when the charts have no data or they are loading, they go transparent (or at least they do on my PC). This didn’t happen in Beta 5 - they used to have white backgrounds. See attached video at https://youtu.be/ughSVSEeKto (it demonstrates better in the second half of video)

I am wondering if this is something to do with in the previous beta's how the inner charts were bleeding onto other virtual desktops in windows 10, and when fixing that bug this has been a side-effect.

Not sure if it’s necessarily a bug or not, but solid white would be better than transparent if poss.
    Cheers,
    Shane
    Last edited by ShaneAU; 10-27-2015, 02:19 AM.

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your post.

We have tested this on our end and were unable this behavior. If you open a new chart do you experience the same behavior?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

I've been playing around with it just now and it seems a lot better today, flicking between workspaces it still has the transparency but it lasts only a fraction of a second so it feels 'normal'. Yesterday was quite different.

As far as making a new chart, whenever I tested just now it was showing a white background not transparency, even when loading new data.

I will see how it goes over the next couple of days and post here if something might be useful.

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Sounds good and also if you have multiple monitors I would suggest testing with the charts on a different monitor then you seen this behavior originally to see if this makes a difference as well.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shane, you still using all them open workspaces in the background? If so close all but one does the problem remain?

I think you are facing general performance issues with a lot of charts which are being looked into and could be related.

Comment

Hi Brett,

I had about 5 workspaces open when the issue was occurring (so quite a few but still less than normal), but when I tried to replicate this morning it wasn't nearly so bad - they would only flash transparent for a fraction of a second, even with the same number open. I haven't had a chance to do any more testing since then unfortunately but I will take note of the number of active workspaces and charts if it happens again. In beta 5 though I don't recall ever noticing the charts going transparent like that, which is what seemed strange.

Cheers
            Shane

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response