Hiding Data Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding Data Series

On a 5 minute chart, I want to place an indicator based on a 60 minute chart, but I don't want the 60 minute data bars visible.

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Originally posted by sgordet View Post
    On a 5 minute chart, I want to place an indicator based on a 60 minute chart, but I don't want the 60 minute data bars visible.

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Here is a video guide that is available on our YouTube channel that will accomplish what you desire:

NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Hidden Data Series

Comment

With NT8, a visible option was created for indicators. That would be a nice feature to have for data series too.

Comment

We did initially ship the NinjaTrader 8 Beta with a Visible property for data series, but found that many users were confused by its functionality. The consensus was that it would be best to stick with the NinjaTrader 7 method of making data series invisible by setting the candle bodies and wicks to a Transparent color, instead, so we removed the Data Series' Visible option in the latest build.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, although I don't understand the confusion. If a user unchecks an option called visible and their data series disappears, you'd think they would be smart enough to re-check it.

Maybe you just need to add a description such as "To hide the data series in order to display indicators from the hidden data series on to a visible one".

Comment

Originally posted by bksmm View Post
            Thanks for the feedback, although I don't understand the confusion. If a user unchecks an option called visible and their data series disappears, you'd think they would be smart enough to re-check it.

Maybe you just need to add a description such as "To hide the data series in order to display indicators from the hidden data series on to a visible one".
            The "Visible" option effectively disables the indicator. This allows you to keep the indicator 'configured' on the chart with all your settings, but turn it on or off. It will not continue to update.

Doing the same for the data series would not be useful as what you're trying to do is add the calculation to the chart, but hide it from the chart allowing the indicator to continue to update.

We have it on our feedback list to give an easier way to make a data series transparent but still allow it to update.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes