NT8B6 - Window BleedThru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B6 - Window BleedThru

I've noticed this in all the beta's so far, but most ntwindows, especially charts and the editor seem to bleed thru and or adversely effect any other non nt window that may be on top of them that is not maximized..

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Also note in this video, that the boarders and toolbar are somehow transparent when recording with gotomeeting..

Last edited by -=Edge=-; 10-28-2015, 08:51 AM.
    -=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Good Morning -=Edge=-

I want to confirm that this is the correct video for what you are describing. In the current video it is showing a data issue for CL 09-15.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
      I want to confirm that this is the correct video for what you are describing. In the current video it is showing a data issue for CL 09-15.
      No it wasn't, sorry about that.. Edited original Post with Correct Link.

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the updated video.

I wanted to first ask, does this happen all the time or is this randomly?

Also had something occured prior to the video that resulted in the chart being separated from its border? I see in the video the chart is missing its border so I was checking if this happens only in that case or was there a modification to remove the window border? Could you provide some details on this?

Are there any steps which cause this or requirements for me to try and re produce?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          I wanted to first ask, does this happen all the time or is this randomly?
          Pretty much all the time with charts.. On any monitor.. I have 6 monitors driven by AMD R9 380 4gig with the latest Catalyist Software.. but just recently upgraded from 2 AMD 7700's, although experienced the same problem with them as well..

Also had something occured prior to the video that resulted in the chart being separated from its border? I see in the video the chart is missing its border so I was checking if this happens only in that case or was there a modification to remove the window border? Could you provide some details on this? Are there any steps which cause this or requirements for me to try and re produce?
          No modifications to alter the chart.. Haven't made a gotomeeting video in awhile, so to be honest, I just noticed the boarders were transparent after making this one.. I don't remember that being the case a couple beta's ago, as I do still have some older vid's, like the wrong one originally posted, that seem to be fine..

Just did another just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and same thing happens.. In the first part, the monitor it's capturing actually has a NT Output window to the left of the chart that doesn't appear at all, as well as the chart has chart trader open that doesn't seem to capture either.. ( completely transparent to the gotomeeting capture ).. (Still trying to figure out why chart trader is grayed out and not selectable from time to time, but that is a different issue for a different thread)

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Noticed that when I switched monitors in gtm (around the 28 sec mark) still get the strange behavior with an ie window.. although around the 36-38 sec mark you can see the boarder and toolbar for a short period of time.. Looks like as far as the transparency issue goes, easily reproducible just by making a video capture in gtm..

And for adversely effecting non ntwindows.. even if I move the ie window down to other monitor over the first chart (which I didn't capture in vid ) I do still see a similar issue as far as the blinking..

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try to provide to be of assistance..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Just one other observation.. neither the editor nor dom seem to be effected by the transparency issue when making gtm vids ( they appear normal)..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I will have to try go to meeting on my end to see if it is an issue with that software specifically regarding the titlebar. Just to go one step further without getting too off topic, could you try using Jing to make a video just to see if you get the same result? I wont need to see it, mainly just to know if the video is lacking the title bar and other items as well as a test so we know.

Additionally what version of windows are you running? The desktop background looks like a default VPS background but you stated you are running your own machine. Just wanted to check if this is a recording of a remote desktop or your local desktop to better understand the setup being used.

As for the chart trader icon, that is strange as I see the data coming into the chart. Do the bleed through and chart trader also happen on a new fresh chart with no indicators/property modifications?

Comment

Thank you for the details. I will have to try go to meeting on my end to see if it is an issue with that software specifically regarding the titlebar. Just to go one step further without getting too off topic, could you try using Jing to make a video just to see if you get the same result? I wont need to see it, mainly just to know if the video is lacking the title bar and other items as well as a test so we know.
                I don't currently have Jing installed but rather a very very old version of snagit.. and with that for some reason the video part of it doesn't seem to be functional.. I'll try to install jing sometime in the near furture and let you know..

Additionally what version of windows are you running? The desktop background looks like a default VPS background but you stated you are running your own machine. Just wanted to check if this is a recording of a remote desktop or your local desktop to better understand the setup being used.
                Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit using a windows classic theme with black background..

As for the chart trader icon, that is strange as I see the data coming into the chart. Do the bleed through and chart trader also happen on a new fresh chart with no indicators/property modifications?
                Yep.. Just created new chart with one tab only and nothing on it.. Same flickering..

The chart trader dropdown thing is kind of sporadic.. Could be due to an indicator I use to hide and show it thru code, although that indy isn't even on that particular chart.. Again kind of different issue unrelated to this thread, but I've yet to be able to consistently reproduce the problem to submit..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

I found a windows 7 PC to test and switched to the classic theme. I do see the windows are choppy while using this theme opposed to using a standard theme. I did not get the bleed through in the short test but did notice the windows were not acting very smooth.

Can you try a not classic theme or just a standard windows 7 theme and see if you still have the same result?

Comment

I found a windows 7 PC to test and switched to the classic theme. I do see the windows are choppy while using this theme opposed to using a standard theme. I did not get the bleed through in the short test but did notice the windows were not acting very smooth. Can you try a not classic theme or just a standard windows 7 theme and see if you still have the same result?
                    Switching to the Basic Win7 Theme I actually got a direct Bleed Thru, rather than just the normal flickering from the classic.. Although the classic will give the bleed thru from time to time as well..

Hopefully I shouldn't have to change themes though, I'm kind of an old timer which definitely prefers the look and feel of the old classic..

-=Edge=-

Comment

As a follow up to the gtm transparency problem.. It looks like that is isolated to when selecting the Monitor# - Clean ... When just selecting the Monitor# without Clean, there is no transparency issue.. Just an FYI, and Secondary to the Bleed Thru issue..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on this, I have yet to be able to re produce this on my end, but I did learn that we can at least check what rendering NT8 is using to see if by switching the theme you have disabled hardware rendering.

Could you either check or provide your trace file from a time while you are running the classic theme? If you want to provide it, please email me at platform support @ ninjaTrader.com

If you wanted to just check, just open any trace file from when you were running the classic theme in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace folder, you should see the following in the trace:

******************* Session Start (Version 8.0.0.5) *******************
                        2015-10-06 06:53:45:531 DirectX Rendering=HW

If you can see what you are having reported here that would be great.

Comment

Could you either check or provide your trace file from a time while you are running the classic theme? If you can see what you are having reported here that would be great.
                          2015-11-04 11:14:16:633 DirectX Rendering=HW

I'm not sure if it makes any difference.. But I am using 6 monitors all set up in an extended desktop configuration..

I do not use my primary desktop for charting, so I'm not sure if I experience this issue there or not.. The majority of my charting, or at least what I'm experiencing and reporting now are all coming from Desktop 5 and 6..

It's not isolated to just IE, as I experience the same bleed thru with chrome as well, maybe worse.. But browser windows seem to be effected more than any other type of window.. NotePad++, Skype, Office don't seem to be effected in the test I just did, but I'll keep an eye on that going forward..

Also if the browser windows are maximized, I do not experience any bleed thrus or flickering.. Only when they are not maximized..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to follow up on this thread, I was able to find a pc that can reproduce what you are seeing.

From my tests this is specifically related to using software rendering and the only way I could re produce was using the Windows Classic theme which disables DWM in windows creating Tearing and other visual changes in all applications.

I have submitted this to development for further review.

Comment

Hello,

-=Edge=-, would you be able to forward your trace file after doing the actions described in the post?

I have a current issue in place and we are trying to collect a few different trace files to better identify whats happening here.

If possible could you forward a copy to our platform support @ ninjatrader.com and provide the link to this post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79745
                              as well as my name Jesse?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
                              1 response