NT8B6 - Window BleedThru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
    -=Edge=-, would you be able to forward your trace file after doing the actions described in the post? I have a current issue in place and we are trying to collect a few different trace files to better identify whats happening here.
    It still happens, quite consistently, mainly with explorer type windows as mentioned (but no problem if they are maximized) , but there is nothing in any of the trace or log files that reflects anything out of the ordinary.. Other than it showing MS Win NT 6.17601 SP1/Win32NT vs Win7 Ultimate N 64bit..

Code:
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:201 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1'/'Win32NT'
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 Processors=8
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 PhysicalMemory=24576 MB
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 .NET/CLR Version='4.0.30319.42000'/64bit
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 SqlCeVersion='4.0.8482.1'
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 ApplicationTimezone=EST -1 hour(s)
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:211 LocalTimezone=EST -1 hour(s)
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:221 DirectX Rendering=HW
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:221 Deleting temporary files...
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:431 Copying db and custom assemblies...
    2015-12-25 08:23:11:441 Loading custom assemblies...
    This came from NT8 B7 64bit

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hey Edge,

Its not just you.

I thought it was just my computer.

NT8 charts on the same monitor causes some programs to bleed through most any other applications up on the same monitors.

Attached is an example.

RJay
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RJay; 12-31-2015, 09:27 AM.
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Not sure if this is the same bug but when I minimize a chart and then bring it back into focus it is completely see through except the boarder. Happens regularly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

We are actively tracking these requests, I wanted to post up some general troubleshooting instructions to see if we can collect more of these cases to finally find the cause here.

The following items would be suffecient and I ask that any users that do report this please Email in rather than posting your information publicly to the forum
          • Please provide the Log and Trace file for the time this occured: You can find the logs in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder and traces in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace folder.

• Next please also include images of the System tab along with the Tab for each display you have, if you had 3 displays you would include "System, Display 1, Display 2, Display 3" tabs in the screenshots you include:
          • Either click Start -> Run if you have it or press Windows key + R to open the Run command window.
          • Type in: dxdiag.exe
          • Click OK to run the application.
          • This will open a window with multiple tabs, please take screenshots of the tabs mentioned above.

With the information and files, please forward those to platform support @ ninjatrader.com and include ticket number 1409215 in your reply.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please also include images of the System tab along with the Tab for each display you have, if you had 3 displays you would include "System, Display 1, Display 2, Display 3" tabs in the screenshots you include
            As I mentioned, there is nothing in the log and trace files that will help identify this issue.. I can constantly reproduce anytime.. Here's the dxdiag screen shots..

Attached Files
            -=Edge=-

Comment

Not sure if I can be any help on this but i'm also getting a bit of bleed through when i maximize my window on a physical machine. Video showing you me maximizing the window and what happens. It's the only program where i notice this... happy to provide any info as needed.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello,

-=Edge=-, Thank you for providing the images these will prove helpful I am sure.

fxgroundworks, It seems you are also running into similar bleeds, can you forward to our support or post up some images of the dxdiag.exe output as -=Edge=- did? You can find steps in post #19 if needed.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 01-12-2016, 10:04 AM.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

-=Edge=-, Thank you for providing the images these will prove helpful I am sure.

fxgroundworks, It seems you are also running into similar bleeds, can you forward to our support or post up some images of the dxdiag.exe output as -=Edge=- did? You can find steps in post #19 if needed.

I can't be for sure, but in fx's video, it looked more like the problem was the boarder gap and bleed thru that was a totally separate issue in B7.. That seems to be fixed in B8 now and definitely like the smaller boarders as well.. Although, and I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, but since I brought up the boarder gap.. double click on the pre-menu (Chart Label) to maximize a chart and you will instantly see the chart boarder grow larger and black.. although once it's maximized it does fix itself.. Not sure if that's on purpose or not, and it definitely doesn't effect the chart when it's done maximizing or minimizing, but I noticed it, so thought I'd mention it..

My problem with the bleed thru is MUCH more prominent that just around the boards, as can be seen in attached pic...

Attached Files
                  -=Edge=-

Comment

Hi, problem is still there in NT8 [V8]

I am using a three display computer setup.

Left, Middle and Right.

Open a NT8 live chart on the left screen.

Open a Firefox browser on middle screen.

Open Microsoft Visual C# on right screen.

Drag and drop either Firefox or the Visual C# windows to the NT8 live chart screen.

Dragged windows breakup only when on top of a NT8 chart.

Problem is consistent and can be repeated on demand.

There are also multiple image smears from dragging images as well but only when dragged on top of an NT8 chart.

If you drag the damaged window off the NT8 window screen to another screen, the dragged window fixes itself and works as it should.

RJay
                    RJay
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Nt8 b10

NTB10

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The green background image is bleeding through the line and you can see the white from the shield under the middle "00:08"...

Display Scaling at 150%.

Comment

Thanks for report. We created an internal ticket to look into this and will get back.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                          Thanks for report. We created an internal ticket to look into this and will get back.
                          Hey Brett.. Nothing has changed for me throughout the beta's as far as the bleed thru and flickering... I just haven't brought it back up as I'd prefer the concentration of efforts at the moment to be on the stability of the platform.. This issue is definitely a nuisance, but not a show stopper like some of the other issues..

But thanks for keeping an eye on this..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post lorem