Linked Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Charts

I notice that Instrument Linked charts in NT8 b6 now update sequentially one after the other. Was this a deliberate change? Its not a big deal I just noticed I'm waiting longer now.

Hi reach4thelasers,

How did you determine that your charts were updating sequentially? Can you give me a set of specific steps needed to see that in action?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

- load 6 charts for EURUSD on 1m 5m 15m 60m 240m 1d each with 50000 bars or more
      - link charts using instrument linking to the same color
      - switch the one of the linked charts to GBPJPY

From my experience the chart transition to GBPJPY was sluggish and happened sequentially one chart at a time

Comment

Hi reach4thelasers,

I can see what you mean by charts loading one at a time when switching instruments on instrument linked charts. However, I ran through the scenario you mentioned and did not experience any sluggishness during the process, took maybe ~3 seconds to complete the process of switching/reloading the charts. What's your CPU/Memory usage when you do what you mentioned?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I've got a pretty high spec workstation. 12 core Xeon E6 at 2.8ghz and 32GB of RAM. I am in England though and on ADSL, not in Ninjatrader HQ on a Gigabit Lan. It took 2-3 seconds to load each chart. That was fine when they loaded in parallel as they did before. Now that it's sequential I need to wait 10-15 seconds before I can use the charts.

Comment

Hi reach4thelasers,

Your PC is significantly more powerful than mine, so I wouldn't expect that sluggishness on your end. What graphics card do you have installed in your PC? What is your CPU and memory consumption statistics upon switching the instrument on those linked charts?

Comment

As I was alluding to in the previous message. I think that network latency caused by geography and connection type are the cause nothing related to my PC which has two GeForce 680 GTX graphics cards and plenty of spare resources. Since the charts are loading sequentially the delay is compounded.

Comment

Hi reach4thelasers,

In that case, do you still see the same if you disconnect from your datafeed and reload your workspace?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes