X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Keeps Asking for license Key

version: Ninjatrader v8.006

Hi,

Now before we start hiding behind we don't support Ninja on other computers than PC. Please re-consider consider :-)

Since more people are running on Apple hardware using parallels, VMWare and bootcamp I hope you do consider this proposed retro-fix please. Here is the Problem...

Every time I switch from running windows through bootcamp (that is run windows like it is on a pc hardware so no virtualisation) And run Windows through VMWare/Parallels Ninja 8 asks again for the license key.

Since license are bound to use a single running copy, making this check if the hardware has change makes no sense and is only annoying as it removes the existing lic key completely as it asks to enter the lic key again.

Can we please remove this check like it was in NT7 because I don't see any value in there looking at the license based on a running copy.

Or if you some how want to keep this check, than at least keep the license key filled in so users only have to klik the ok button..

Many thanks :-)

current behaviour: Ninjatrader resets license key when changing from virtual to hardware and asks to re-enter the key.

expected(user friendly) behavior: Do not ask for the key at all since it is not bound to hardware anyway. Or at least leave the key in tact so the user does not have to enter the key every time he switches.

ADD: It also removes all the passwords from the accounts ,this means they need to get filled in again on every switch.

Wessel
    Last edited by Wessel; 10-30-2015, 01:43 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

In the meantime you can create separate config files then rename them depending on which one you are using. To create config files for each after closing NinjaTrader in Parallels go into the Documents->NinjaTader 8 and rename the Config.xml file Config.xml.Parallels then when you come back to Parallels you would want to rename this back to Config.xml prior to opening NinjaTrader.

Then repeat this process for others renaming their Config file Config.xml.VMWare and Config.xml.Bootcamp.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 10-29-2015, 12:45 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ADD: It also removes all the passwords from the accounts ,this means they need to get filled in again on every switch.

Thank you for your suggestion about the config files, that would help a bit :-) I strongly hope you fix this, thank you for taking the suggestion its appreciated :-)
      Last edited by Wessel; 10-30-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

You're welcome and have a great day!

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-859.

Comment

Awesome thank you so much for taking it on the list :-)
            Is that a feature since it whips also all the passwords away from the registered accounts :-) to me that sounds rather not so feature like :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno