Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 6 installation

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install Beta 6 but I really wanted to start from scratch and uninstall the previous version. Unfortunately, I'm getting a message that says I need to close Ninjatrader. I have Ninjatrader closed - Ninjatrader 8 that is. I have Ninjatrader 7 open so apparently that is triggering the message.

OK, fine. I won't start from scratch. I'll install version 8 over the current version then, Beta 5. Well, I can't do that either! I get the same message to close Ninjatrader (no version is identified - it just says to close "Ninjatrader."

Why is it necessary to close Ninjatrader 7 in order to install Ninjatrader 8? The have their own installation directories and their own document directories. At first glance, they are entirely separate.

This reminds of a minor pet peeve that I have, while we're on the subject. I frequently like to look at CS files through Visual Studio 2010. The button in the Ninjascript editor that opens VS 2015 demands that I close anything I have open in any version of Visual Studio. Why? I can accept that you want me to close VS 2015 instances so you can open it up to the right place you want it. But VS 2010 has nothing to do with any Ninjascript, whatsoever. In fact, it couldn't even if it wanted to since they are largely incompatible.

Are these two proverbial sledge hammers really necessary? I have test scripts running on Version 7 so if I want to install Version 8 I have to wait for the trades to close before I do or I need to kill the trades. I guess I can't even come up with a bad reason why you made it that way.

Thanks!

We did research various methods for checking the explicit version and working around, but there were a number of items that kept cropping up as a result of those methods.

The answer is quite simply that after initial alpha testing, we'd rather take the proverbial sledgehammer approach than to try and tackle the various issues we've encountered by attempting to check the version running.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK... fair enough.
      Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator