• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 conflict with Anti-Virus Software

NT8 set off warnings from my anti-virus, Total Defense. Gave the warning:

Gen:Variant.Kazy.751915 Quarantined

And NinjaTrader Setup gave me an error message:

1: The following error has occurred: Access the the path "C:\Program Files.....\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NtDirect.dll" is denied.

After much work with my tech support group, it was determined that it wasn't a virus on my machine, but a conflict between NinjaTrader 8 and the virus software.

After removing Total Defense and replacing with another good virus software, problem was resolved.

Thought this might be useful info for others.

Thank you for providing this information.

We recommend with NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 that exceptions are made for NinjaTrader within any virus protection, firewall, or backup software so that NinjaTrader can run without issue.

Comment

Regardless of which anti virus program you use, must set it to NOT scan the Ninjatrader folders that are in the MyDocuments directory. Ditto for Windows Indexing.

That being set, the free version of AVG seems to work OK with NT7 and NT8.

You MOST DEFINITELY do NOT want those processes to be scanning every packet of data that is going into your charts and your historical data files.
      Last edited by Ricam; 10-29-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Just a quick question - regarding NT8 ntdirect.dll
        I constantly keep getting the FSecure AV warning - and I switched it from "handle automatically" to "manual" decision.
        And I was a bit surprised to see that the file NT8 installed (ntprotect.dll) ended up under:

c:\windows\SysWOW64

Not only that, but I keep getting the the AV alert.

I may not be entirely savy in how you designed your application, one thing I know though, is the NinjaTrader files should not duplicate around the file-system just like that ... which is totally suspicious behariour. But rather, your installation files should stick to their folder, under Program Files.

I know you mentioned we should fully trust the NT8 installer and disable AV on the Ninja folder, however, even big software hourses do mistakes from time to time.

So, can you please provide a (technical) explanation of why NTDIRECT.DLL keeps multiplying itself on the operating system - can you explain a bit this <feature> to us?

Thanks,
        Andrei
        Attached Files
        Last edited by andrei.reiand; 11-03-2015, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei.reiand View Post

So, can you please provide a (technical) explanation of why NTDIRECT.DLL keeps multiplying itself on the operating system - can you explain a bit this <feature> to us?
          That file is an interface so other applications can communicate with NinjaTrader. In order to ensure that other applications can easily find this interface it is registered in the system rather than a program file or user directory which can change depending on the users system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin