Inactive Charts not advancing after connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inactive Charts not advancing after connect

Charts in a workspace that were not visible/selected before connecting are not advancing automatically with each new bar.

I open NT, then i open a workspace. One Window with multiple chart tabs. Then i connect to my data provider. Any chart other than the one in the active/selected tab wil not automatically advance until the chart/tab was made visible.

Originally posted by Tiixo View Post
    Charts in a workspace that were not visible/selected before connecting are not advancing automatically with each new bar.

I open NT, then i open a workspace. One Window with multiple chart tabs. Then i connect to my data provider. Any chart other than the one in the active/selected tab wil not automatically advance until the chart/tab was made visible.
    There is some logic built in to NinjaTrader to improve performance which would cause this, but it should be practically invisible. How exactly are you viewing or aware of this? Are you trying to access the data of a tab through NinjaScript?

Comment

How exactly are you viewing or aware of this?
      I click a different tab and there is the little black arrow thing in the top right corner of the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiixo View Post
        I click a different tab and there is the little black arrow thing in the top right corner of the chart.
        I do experience the same thing, and can be a pain (major inconvenience) when your dealing with multiple charts and multiple tabs on each of those charts..

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Could you both send me your workspaces so I may attempt to reproduce the behavior on my end?

You can do this by going to Help > Email Support > Expand the 'Other Files' arrow at the bottom > Checkmark 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please include a link to this thread in the body of the message.

Comment

Its really easy to reproduce.

Create Workspace with 1 Window and 2 Tabs.
            ES 1Min + YM 1Min for example.
            Select ES 1Min as active tab.
            Save and Close the Workspace.
            Restart NT8.
            Connect to playback connection (since market is closed now) with a starting date of sometime this week.
            Open previously created workspace. (ES 1min should be the active/visible tab)
            Hit play on replay connection and wait until some bars were created.
            Switch to YM Tab. (This needs to be the first time the YM Tab needs to render the chart)
            There should be the black arrow at the top right corner in the Chart
            Last edited by Tiixo; 10-30-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the steps, Tiixo.

I am able to reproduce this on my end. I will submit this to the Product Development Team and will update this thread with any new information.

Comment

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                168 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes