Indicator: Preset Reset or Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator: Preset Reset or Delete

I am playing around with my indicators and I set one to a preset, I have sent the last 1/2 hour looking for a way to delete to the preset.

I can use restore to get the code changes I am making, but that only last for one install. I no longer want the preset, and want to see the code changes as i work on the code.

I have looked where the template were stored in NT7, there is nothing there.

please advise on how to delete a preset.

if there is no way to delete a preset then this is a oversight and it needs to be provided.

Hello jupiejupe,

Thank you for writing in. Your indicator templates are stored in the following folder:

(My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Indicator

Please exit NinjaTrader, then navigate to the folder above, and then you can delete the indicator template.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_MichaelM; 11-01-2015, 09:14 PM.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

that is what i would assume, but there was nothing in that folder at all so that can not be the cause, i am using NT8 in this report not NT7, as i first stated that i looked where it would have been stored on NT7, not that i am using NT7, but i believe that you be cover in the fact that i posted in NT8 beta thread not an NT7 thread.

Comment

I'm only going to guess from what I've seen is that you would have to set another preset to override the other preset... yes this is painful.... but I'm sure this will be upgraded later on (famous last words?)

Comment

The user may well have strong reasons that he wants the code of the indicator to set the defaults, instead of what he may have set using an indicator template. For example, he may be getting updated code from a vendor, or from his organization's own development staff, and the new code may have new default parameter values which he should use or wants to use.

Comment

Hello,

Thank-you for your posts.

I have submitted a feature request to provide the ability to clear an Indicator preset and consider a global clear Indicator presets. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thank-you for your participation in the beta testing.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c
            by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
            0 responses