B6 - Unhandled exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6 - Unhandled exception

It seems that in B6 when I have 2 workspaces open, each having a different NinjaScript Editor window open (with various scripts, some the same, some different).. If I try to compile any script I get a

Unhandled exception: The calling thread cannot access the object because a different thread owns it..

If I close either workspace and compile, ( have 1 ws open only) I no longer get the error.. This only happens when 2 or more different workspaces are open with an Editor open in both/each.. ( I do have custom addons, bartypes and drawing tools, as well as indys and strats )

Log and trace files shows nothing more than this single line exception...

I did not experience this in B5 or before..

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Last edited by -=Edge=-; 10-31-2015, 08:39 AM.
    -=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Hello -=Edge=-,

Thank you for writing in. I am not able to confirm this behavior on my end. I have tried creating and saving two different workspaces (with different charts etc.) each with their own code editor with multiple scripts open (including a few of the same between the two workspaces). I have also tried editing some files and compiling and then editing and not compiling and switching workspaces and then compiling and I have not yet had any errors.

Could you please crate two brand new workspaces and let me know if you are able to recreate the issue without opening any 3rd party scripts?

Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_MichaelM View Post
      Could you please crate two brand new workspaces and let me know if you are able to recreate the issue without opening any 3rd party scripts? Thank you in advance.
      Well, I closed the editor in one of those ws's, and then closed and saved that ws back when this error occurred.. Now it seems that I can no longer duplicate this behavior.. This might be a tough one to isolate. If it happens again I'll try to determine the cause and report back...

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
      0 responses