Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ERROR: A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990001],

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again (3rd time) with Quadro M2000m crash.. no messages or anything after or anymore details.

This is on win10 64 bit with nt8 64 bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

Alright, I was able to isolate the race condition.

What's happening is when the user initiates an action, such as connecting to a data provider, while chart objects are in OnRender() all the drawing objects which are needed for rendering - for example:

SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget
      NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.DirectWriteFactory

... and probably others become invalid while the indicator/drawing tool or whatever is already rendering.

There really is no way (for us) to guard against this condition that I can see because rendering is already under way. Seems like the nt core needs to wait for all rendering threads to return or abort them and handle the resulting exceptions gracefully before wiping these references out/disposing etc.

Open to suggestions on handling this if you have any.

Comment

You could wrap all OnRender() methods in generic exception handlers, catching and reporting any exceptions to the Output Window.

Of course, you could only do that for your own indicators.

Comment

Not a solution, sadly. Once this error occurs it generally requires a restart of nt8 regardless of whether an exception was caught. I think it should be prevented from occurring or, at least, handled at the platform level.

Comment

Thank you guys for continuing to drill down into this issue. We are going to take a deeper look into the issue tomorrow on our end, to see if we can indeed address it at the platform level. Your hypothesis in post # 17 may prove especially helpful, Rancho.

I will post back here with any updates based on our findings.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Although we are still considering all possible impacts of this issue, I'm happy to report that we were able to apply a fix today that will resolve the errors in Strategesis' sample script in Post # 6. I may have further updates as we continue to investigate other impacts.

Everyone please keep this issue in mind to re-test when the Beta 8 build is released (the fix did not make it into the upcoming Beta 7 build).

Comment

Just curious: Is the problem here related to the one being worked on having the designation NTEIGHT-9163?

Comment

Yes, that is the one. That one is based on your BlinkingPriceMarker script. While we have applied a preliminary fix, our developers realized that there are deeper impacts to consider, and are still working to refine a fix that will address a larger scope of issues related to this particular phenomenon with disposable render objects.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                  12 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                  Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes