Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 multi monitor behaviour

Hello,

I recently installed NT8 B6 on a multi monitor system running Win 7 (64 bit). I have the taskbar set to on Auto-hide.

I notice that whenever any maximized NT8 window on the primary monitor is in focus, the taskbar will not show when the mouse pointer is moved to the bottom of the screen. It appears that NT8 behaves as if "Always On Top" is selected (which is not the case).

Clicking on a different monitor (any application) 'releases' the apparent Always On Top focus adopted by NT8 on the primary monitor and the Taskbar then performs as expected.

This was not an issue in NT7 (or any other application). It is specific to NT8.

Thanks
    Last edited by rt-trader; 11-02-2015, 03:44 PM.

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my end as well. I have forwarded this to our Development Team and will follow once I receive additional information.

Thank you for reporting and have a great day!
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also see this issue.

I think I gave up on these things and keep hitting the Windows key to bring up the task bar.

I always auto-hide everywhere also.

Comment

This issue can be tracked with ID # NTEIGHT-9052.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

This issue still persists in B7 although in a slightly different form. The Windows taskbar is still not appearing once an NT8 full screen chart window is selected on the main monitor.

However, once a non NT8 window on a different monitor has been selected the taskbar does appear but now disregards the Auto-hide setting.

Hope this helps.

Comment

An update to the post below.

The issue still exists as originally logged - contrary to the release notes, it was not resolved in B7.

However, the Taskbar has reverted to normal behavior after a non NT8 window has been selected - the non appearance reported below must have been some sort of glitch on my system at the time of reporting.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
              An update to the post below.

The issue still exists as originally logged - contrary to the release notes, it was not resolved in B7.

However, the Taskbar has reverted to normal behavior after a non NT8 window has been selected - the non appearance reported below must have been some sort of glitch on my system at the time of reporting.

Thanks
              Thanks for checking in. However we were not able to resolve this particular item at this time.

Which release note entry are you referring to? We were tracking this using # 9052, which is not resolved and is not on the release notes from what I can tell.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

In the B7 release notes, there is an entry 9064 which appears to describe the problem as reported.

Perhaps I misunderstood, so apologies for any confusion caused.

Thanks

Comment

Oh i see - thanks for the clarification. That was in reference to this thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79937

Which is a bit different-> the Always on top option was not always working when configured from the properties menu.

The item #9052 was looked into but we've ran into a few dead ends and do not expect a fix to this behavior any time in the near future. It's sort of a 'pick your poison' scenario where we have decided to leave the behavior for the time being as it a result it of would negatively impact high priority items related to the way the charts are maximised and displayed. At this time, we've been unable to find a solution that would accommodate both use cases.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 12-08-2015, 03:40 PM.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ok, thanks for the update.

This could become more problematic for multi monitor users once they have switched completely to NT 8 and have charts displaying on all monitors (ie no non NT8 screen real estate to click on).

Then the WIndows key would be the only way to bring the taskbar into view - a messy solution to use frequently.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes