Dynamic DOM Simulated Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic DOM Simulated Stop

I have started to experiment with the Simulated Volume Stop on the Dynamic DOM.

I think there are some issues in how this STOP is processed when adding to a current position as well as when exiting the position. What I have captured here is the Volume Stop remaining active (not sure what it would do if hit) AFTER the profit target was hit.

I have seen strange behavior with adding to positions after the ASK/BID had moved as well. Hopefully I understand what this feature does, but little scary using it right now given it leave a simulated stop in play after executing a trade.

EDIT: Looks like if it hits the stop first, it works appropriately.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NJA_MC; 11-03-2015, 08:45 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I'm not seeing the same thing on my end, unfortunately. When I use a Simulated Stop as the stop loss in an ATM strategy, and the profit target is hit, I am seeing the simulated stop order cancelled as expected.

Is this happening every time for you, or only on a certain instrument? Can you please tell me who you are connected to when the issue occurs? Do you find that the issue occurs with Chart Trader, as well? Can you think of anything else that may be unique in your scenario?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes