Market data not loading while workspace closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market data not loading while workspace closed

Just got back to my trading station after being out for a few hours and when I pulled up my workspace none of the charts were updated since when I had left.

Just to be clear: I had two workspaces open: one with all my charts and one without charts. When I leave I just switch workspaces to the one without charts, but the trading workspace is open in the background.

There is nothing in my log to suggest a dropped connection.

Originally posted by TheBarChartist View Post
    Just got back to my trading station after being out for a few hours and when I pulled up my workspace none of the charts were updated since when I had left.

Just to be clear: I had two workspaces open: one with all my charts and one without charts. When I leave I just switch workspaces to the one without charts, but the trading workspace is open in the background.

There is nothing in my log to suggest a dropped connection.
    I am currently trying to replicate this but am unable to. Who are you connected to when this occurs? What exactly happens when you switch from the blank workspace to the workspace with charts? Do the charts eventually update? If not, what do you have to do to get them to update?

Are you able to replicate this behavior? If so please provide a step-by-step guide so I may attempt to recreate it.

Comment

I'm connected first to CQG via Amp, and then Interactive Brokers.

When I switch from the blank workspace to the workspace with charts the charts will not eventually update on their own.

In order to solve the problem I need to download historical data for the instruments on the chart. In one case (^TICK from IB) this did not work, though when I started up NT7 I had no problem downloading the day's ^TICK data from IB.

This was only the second day that I've tried to use NT8 on a live market, but both dates I did have a problem where some of my charts would just stop updating and I needed to reload historical data.

Tomorrow once I'm done trading I will attempt to replicate the problem in the afternoon.

Comment

Are you also using tabs by chance?

Comment

I have one chart with two tabs and the tabs are hidden.

Comment

Is it similar to this issue?

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...994#post434994

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM