Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status / Progress Bar for F5

Dear NT8 development team,

When I hit F5 to reload NinjaScript for a chart, there are no signs to tell us whether the reloading has finished or not. We find this rather inconvenient, because we have to watch the behavior of indicators on chart to know the status of the reloading. There should be at least a status or a progress bar to let users know that.

Second, this is less important but still worth mentioning. When we hit F5 to compile a NinjaScript file, we also don't see the status of the compiling process. We just know the compiling has finished after hearing the "ding" sound. What if the sound is turned off? It will be better if we have something signaling the status. Or at least, the mouse cursor should change after we hit F5 (compiling), and return normal when the compiling completes.

Thanks.
    Pi

P.S. Compared to NT7, the NT8's speed of opening dialog (e.g. Indicators setting window) and adding/removing indicators in the Indicators dialog is a little slower, right? Can this be improved? An innovative platform needs to have a lightning speed.
    ninZa
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Adding a progress bar (or similar indication) to the NinjaScript Editor has come up a few times before, as well as adding more progress bars around the platform in general, or restoring the Control Center progress/status bar. I've added a vote to SFT-452 for you to add your voice to the suggestion.

We have looked into the speed of opening the Indicators dialogue in NinjaTrader 8 vs. NinjaTrader 7, and have determined that most of the difference stems from the NinjaTrader 8's use of WPF rather than WinForms for UI elements. So that we can track how much this is impacting users, we've created two new IDs today to track feedback we receive on the speed difference:

SFT-880: Optimize speed of first-time opening of Indicators dialogue (which includes the time required to Just-In-Time compile the indicators in the Available list

SFT-881: Optimize speed of subsequent opening (which does not include JIT compilation)
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for listening to my voice and adding my vote to the suggestion list.

Regarding the speed optimization, thanks for creating 2 new tickets. I just want to go into more details with several kinds of speeds to mention:
      • Right click a chart to open the context menu
      • First time opening Indicators dialog
      • Subsequent opening Indicators dialog
      • Single click to hover an indicator in the "Available" list and move from this indicator to another indicator in the list
      • Click "Add" or "Remove" in the "Configured" list (if "Add" and "Remove" can act as nearly fast as "Up" and "Down", this is a big success that will satisfy even the most strict users)

It seems that the delayed response of UI elements is is due to WPF implementation. It's a difficult problem to solve, but I believe the platform development team of NT with your top-industry talents and experience will knock out the problem in some months.

Looking forward to the improvement.

Thank you very much.
      ninZa
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton